Senior Financial Reporting Analyst
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Segment Financial Reporting center of excellence (SFR COE) is responsible for consolidating and reporting the financial results of the Studio Entertainment (Studio) and Disney Consumer Products & Interactive Media (DCPI) segments. This is a high profile team that works closely with senior executives within The Walt Disney Company (TWDC). This position will assist the team responsible for the financial reporting processes and financial analysis of specific lines of business and segments under this team. This position will also partner with various stakeholders to support new business opportunities, cost saving initiatives and help the teams identify and execute process improvements. The position offers multiple opportunities to showcase analytical skills to various senior executives and provides great networking opportunities across TWDC.
The job role is responsible for financial reporting and analysis, and various recurring and ad hoc projects for the SFR COE. This is a high profile team that works closely with senior executives across the Studio segment, DCPI segment, and TWDC. This position will help support the team responsible for financial performance and key drivers, including analyzing the cause of change versus forecast and prior year, quarterly margin analysis, and analysis of returns reserves. This position will also partner with other Accounting teams across the Studio and DCPI segments; in addition to FP&A, SOX, and Enterprise Reporting. The Senior Financial Reporting Analyst will support new business development opportunities, cost saving initiatives, and help the team identify and execute process improvements. The position will make analytical presentations to various executives.
ResponsibilitiesThis position requires a professional that wants to lead, is highly motivated, and a self-starter. This individual must be able to develop professional relationships with various business partners, analyze and decipher finance/accounting data to accurately review the department’s reporting obligations. He/she must be able to identify problems and develop innovative solutions to further efforts toward continuous process improvements. In addition, he/she must be well-organized, detail-oriented, and be able to perform a variety of tasks under time pressure and strict deadlines. This is an exciting opportunity for a top finance/accounting professional to utilize their expertise in a challenging, rewarding and creative environment while gaining valuable experience in the entertainment industry, in a unique and highly visible role.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare, analyze and present reporting of line of business and segment financial results
- Support the preparation and analysis of the Executive Segment and Enterprise Reporting Packages, and other financial results as deemed necessary
- Take ownership of lines of business and segment deliverables
- Perform complex key analytics to inform Executive Management team of business results
- Serve as a liaison between lines of business, segment and regional teams by providing support and guidance to International markets
- Liaise and partner with FP&A teams for continuous process improvement in forecasting, business development and other operational initiatives, etc.
- Provide guidance and lead ad hoc requests/special projects for lines of business, segment and other financial reporting initiatives
- Liaise with external auditors by providing requested PBC items and thoroughly responding to questions in support of the financial statement audit
- Lead process improvement efforts across multiple segments of TWDC and various international regions. Streamline processes and challenge status quo to effectively report results to Segment and Enterprise Executive Management
- Liase and partner with transaction support/accounting teams in the research of technical accounting issues
- Maintain documentation for business processes. Review, update and ensure compliance with SOX requirements
- Become an integral part of a world class reporting team by promoting collaboration, innovation and business expertise
- 3-5+ years of public or private accounting experience required
- Strong technical accounting skills; knowledge of accounting theory and practices, of GAAP and SEC reporting requirements
- High-energy, self-motivated, team player with a desire to excel in demanding and fast paced detailed oriented environment
- Detail-oriented, proficient in reviewing his/her work prior to submission and able to manage multiple requests for various departments
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, including refined presentation skills
- Ability to adapt quickly, work independently, take ownership, and work in a flexible team environment
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, proficiency using Excel (pivot tables, Match Index, H-&V-lookups, etc.)
- Professional demeanor, focused, articulate, and well-organized
- Flexibility in hours as required for deliverable deadlines
- Experience with a public accounting firm preferred (Big 4 background is a plus)
- Experience with SAP preferred, but not required
- Public accounting experience or coordinating with external auditors preferred, but not required
- CPA preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required (Preferably in Accounting and Finance or equivalent)
Company Overview At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view. Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.
We welcome your comments and questions about this Senior Financial Reporting Analyst opportunity at Disney.