Senior Financial Accounting Analyst
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Enterprise Controllership Organization is dedicated to providing high quality information and services to our business partners. We support our business partners’ decision-making process while earning their confidence and respect by efficiently reporting and maintaining accurate and timely financial data. Our vision is to be the global leader in providing financial and technical expertise. We promote innovation and growth by developing our employees and maximizing technology while maintaining a fun environment.
Reporting to the Manager of Production Accounting, the Senior Financial Accounting Analyst (SFAA) will be responsible for production and distribution accounting and reporting. The SFAA will be involved in the quarter close and year-end close processes including but not limited to the analysis of production costs, distribution revenue, and overhead expenses, balance sheet reconciliations, and the preparation of Studio Financial Reporting deliverables. The SFAA will have the opportunity to participate in production audits (Live Action / Marvel / Lucasfilm) at various filming locations. In addition, the SFAA will work with our Finance counterparts (Live Action / Marvel / Lucasfilm / Feature Animation / Pixar / Disneytoon Studios) to help ensure that all financial statements are in accordance with US GAAP and to provide accounting support, where needed. This role will also work closely with other internal Disney divisions, including Corporate Controllership, Treasury, and Tax.
- Liaise with business partners for all accounting inquiries including providing technical accounting guidance for new business initiatives
- Review and analyze financial statements for studio production and distribution business units in order to ensure accuracy and completeness of the financial statements
- Prepare financial statements and variance analysis on a quarterly basis for balance sheet and income statement
- Prepare key quarterly and year-end financial reporting deliverables including margin analysis and footnote disclosures
- Prepare monthly development and production spending packages for accuracy and provide explanations for any significant variances
- Record monthly distribution cash statements and prepare various quarterly accruals
- Participate in production audits at various filming locations
- Prepare various account reconciliations:
- Accounts Receivable
- Prepaid Assets
- Film Inventory
- Accounts Payable
- Manage various ad-hoc reporting and projects for Senior Management
- Prepare and submit requests related to SOX compliance, tax, and quarter/year-end financial audits
- Establish an environment of continuous improvement to identify, develop and implement process changes to increase accuracy of our financial records or forecast, and efficiency of our processes
- 3-4 years accounting experience, preferably in both public and private accounting
- Effective communication skills (written & verbal)
- Excellent knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to succeed in a team environment
- Customer-service oriented
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Ability to analyze and resolve issues from multiple stakeholders
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Accounting
Company Overview At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view. Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.