Senior Financial Accounting Analyst
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Studio Controllership is dedicated to providing high quality information and services to our business partners. We support their decision-making process while earning their confidence and respect by efficiently reporting and maintaining accurate and timely financial data. Our vision is to be the global leader in providing financial and technical expertise. We promote innovation and growth by developing our employees and maximizing technology while maintaining a fun environment.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Theatrical Distribution Accounting, the Senior Financial Accounting Analyst (SFAA) will be responsible for various key functions that support the quarter-close and year-end close processes including but not limited to the analysis of key accounting reserves, balance sheet reconciliations, and the preparation of Studio Financial Reporting deliverables. The SFAA will be responsible for the calculation, analysis, and presentation of the theatrical revenues, marketing and distribution costs and other various accruals. In addition, the SFAA will work with our Finance counterparts to help ensure that all financial statements are in accordance with US GAAP and to provide accounting support, where needed. This role will also work closely with other internal Disney divisions, including the Theatrical Marketing and Sales teams, Corporate Controllership & Reporting, Treasury and Corporate Tax.
- Liaise with the Theatrical business partners for all accounting inquiries including providing technical accounting guidance for new business initiatives
- Consolidate and communicate of operating results for the theatrical business to various senior management groups
- Support quarterly closes by preparing financial reports, and analysis of reported balances
- Analyze and prepare various Theatrical accruals:
- Media and creative marketing costs
- Distribution costs
- Review and consolidate accounts receivable schedules
- Prepare various account reconciliations:
- Accounts Receivable
- Prepaid Expenses
- Accounts Payable
- Work on various ad-hoc reporting and projects for Senior Management
- Prepare and submit requests related to SOX compliance and quarter/year-end financial audits
- Establish an environment of continuous improvement to identify, develop and implement process changes to increase accuracy of our financial records or forecast, and efficiency of our processes
- 3-4 years accounting experience, preferably in both public and private accounting
- Effective communication skills (written & verbal)
- Excellent knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to succeed in a team environment
- Customer-service oriented
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Ability to analyze and resolve issues from multiple stakeholders
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Accounting
Company Overview At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view. Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.