At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
DTSS Enterprise Technology group is looking for a Project/Engagement Manager to join our growing team! The Platform Project Manager will manage the delivery of ServiceNow solutions to a diverse customer base and will coordinate tasks across all teams in the organization. They will work closely with our clients to understand their needs and deliver solutions accordingly.
The role includes management of ServiceNow projects, including requirements gathering, resource planning, client and team communication, quality assurance, documentation and product delivery. The role will integrate best practices of efficient project management to deliver on schedule, to cost, quality and scope.
The Project Manager is central to client relationship strategy, providing regular status updates of assigned projects, managing change requests and communicating any solution issues/impacts. This position will also seek out new opportunities and projects across the client organizations Responsibilities
- Facilitate the successful delivery of the projects in our Demand queue.
- Successful delivery is heavily reliant upon strong management of the effort by an individual who is skilled at leading teams to produce a high quality product within the constraints articulated by the requesting sponsor (budget, timeline, scope).
- Steer customers to focus on defining what value an adequate and satisfactory solution provides.
- This success criteria will need to be translated into project requirements that define the scope of the effort.
- Responsible for managing the successful delivery of Agile projects to a diverse client base
- Utilize a best in class SCRUM methodology to be followed by all teams working on the project, which will include a step by step guide for all the major project activities
- Assess level of effort based on identified business requirements, including hours, timeline, and cost estimates
- Work with development teams to create time estimates for fully scoped projects
- Assist in assembling project teams/resources that ensure the required skills and level of resource are obtained or identified for future activities within the project
- Develop requirement specifications (stories) and support documentation, including process mapping, meeting minutes, glossaries, data dictionaries, non-functional requirement specifications, technical design, systems testing, and implementation activities.
- Document all efforts in the system, deliver product status reports to senior management
- Communicate frequently with executive leadership to provide project risk analysis, status, and requirements that may impact strategic direction
- Maintain the project plan ensuring that the project is proceeding in line with agreed-upon milestones and that they have the appropriate level of visibility within the management teams
- Achieve quality delivery on all projects, including delivery on schedule, within specifications, and containing project scope and costs within the allocated budget and associated tolerances
- Project Management: 3 years
- Business Analysis: 1 year
- ServiceNow Platform / Product Implementation experience required
- SCRUM Certification (CSP or CSM preferred, CSPO accepted)
- Competent in organizing, planning, and prioritizing work
- Possess fast and effective methods of note taking
- Excel at driving work through a defined process to closure
- Capable of listening for key details and have a keen ear for gleaning requirements from business discussions
- Must be analytical, be capable of distinguishing must-haves from nice-to-haves; distilling core components of a business process and identifying components that can be solved with a tool (software product) vs. those that can be solved with a process
- Able to transcribe the core and essential details of requirements discussions that indicate vital functions (and know when those vital bits require additional dialogue)
- Build strong relationships internally and externally
- Build consensus, trust and credibility
- Able to inspire and persuade
- Able to reason, develop, and evaluate options and propose solutions
- Able to communicate with professionalism and tact
- Lead and guide customers with confidence
- Lead and guide dialogue, maintaining control of the discussion to ensure focused, productive, and efficient use of time
- Tactfully identify sidebars, rabbit holes, and parking lot items – as well as proactively providing an appropriate forum for “offline” deep dives into those topics when necessary
- Help translate discussion points and smooth friction in communication to ensure the substance of the topic is being effectively relayed to participants
- Promote quality and customer satisfaction
- Demonstrate sound judgment
- Demonstrate courage and composure under pressure
- Meeting and facilitation skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- PMP Certification preferred
- ITIL Foundations Certification preferred
- ServiceNow Certifications preferred
- Bachelor's Degree
Company Overview At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view. Additional Information
- This position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.