Manager, Tax FP&A and Non-US Tax Provision
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Tax Financial Planning and Analysis group is dedicated to providing high quality information and services to our business leaders and partners. We support strategic decision making while efficiently providing and maintaining accurate and timely financial data. We assist with identifying and tracking wide ranging opportunities and mitigating risks. We implement, conduct and manage processes such as cash and rate forecasting, cause of change analysis, potential swing factors, legislative initiatives, corporate business and tax planning. The candidate will also work on non-US tax provision – guiding and providing technical assistance to local accounting teams on completing quarterly tax provision deliverable. The candidate may also work on forecasting and special projects on as needed basis. We promote innovation and growth by developing our employees and maximizing technology.
ResponsibilitiesCandidate will report to the Principal, FP&A & Non-Us Tax Provision and support the projects identified above.Candidate must be comfortable working directly with business units, external service providers, and senior management.
Candidate will also support ad-hoc analysis and special projects. Position requires strong communication, interpersonal, project management skills and acute attention to detail. Candidate will be provided an opportunity to demonstrate ability to act as a change agent by improving and building upon existing forecasting tools. Candidate should show interest in building a career in the broader Disney Corporate Tax, Finance or FP&A functions.
- Update and maintain tax planning and forecasting models for the Company
- Support the preparation of cause of change analysis (including effective tax rate and cash taxes) for tax forecasts
- Support the department’s efforts in identifying risks and opportunities by producing persuasive, data-driven arguments to support management’s decisions
- Ability to make recommendations based upon alternative analysis
- Support management with the assumption gathering process, including accounting and tax research
- Support the preparation of executive summaries for senior management
- Must be comfortable working cross functionally and making business connections with multiple stakeholders and information suppliers
Candidate will work on quarterly non-US tax provision for SEC reporting.Strong communication and ability to explain tax accounting technical concepts to a layperson is imperative to be successful in this responsibility.
- Management local accounting teams of the assigned countries to ensure that data is submitted timely
- Support and train local accounting teams to advance their tax accounting knowledge
- Keep abreast of local country business and tax law changes and analyze tax provision impacts
- Review tax provision calculation prepared by the local accounting teams to ensure compliance with US GAAP requirements
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years relevant work experience with a good understanding of tax accounting processes and tax compliance
- Strong desire to broaden/build skills
- Innovative orientation with a proactive approach to problem solving
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to independently identify and resolve issues
- Strong communication skills with ability to frame communications appropriate to audience
- Strong information technology skills: Microsoft Excel, MS Word, and PowerPoint
- Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic, and the capability to handle multiple projects and stakeholders
- Demonstrate professionalism through a positive and cooperative attitude; ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Understands cross functional impact and ability to build consensus with business partners
- Good leadership and project management skills
- Previous work experience in financial planning and analysis
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Broad exposure to federal income taxation, with an emphasis on partnership taxation
- PMP or similar certification a plus
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Tax, Accounting, Economics or Finance
- CPA strong preferred
At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view.
Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.
We welcome your comments and questions about this Manager, Tax FP&A and Non-US Tax Provision opportunity at Disney.