Manager, Strategic Ops - Enterprise Social Responsibility Programs
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Based in Glendale, California - Manager, Strategic Operations for Enterprise Social Responsibility (ESR) programs is responsible for driving a portfolio approach to the operations of TWDC ESR Global Flagship programs in order to actualize the program KPIs, and ultimately the ESR vision.
TWDC ESR vision is “to be an honorable company that brings families happiness, delivers comfort to those in need, and creates inspiration and opportunity for those who want to improve their world.” The global ESR flagship programs should help deliver on this vision in measurable ways.
This role is responsible for driving strategic innovation for the portfolio of ESR flagship program operations for greatest effectiveness and efficiency. As such, the Manager of Strategic Operations will oversee all aspects of the global program operations such as developing implementation plans for program launches and program campaign/marketing efforts. Plans should be developed with clear deadlines, responsibilities, meeting requirements, vendor/supplier roles, stakeholder socialization requirements, critical stage gates, budget tracking, etc.
The role will also be accountable for providing program status updates that are actionable for ESR program working groups, internal stakeholders, and executives. The Manager should be able to perceive and analyze potential operational issues, provide solution recommendations, and explain the rationale for such recommendations.
Strategic operations should ensure the strategic coordination and completion of program projects, and ultimately contribute to the success the program goals and the overall ESR vision. Responsibilities
- Develop and manage project plans to monitor and track progress of core programs (launch, ongoing management, and marketing efforts). Identify mission critical stage gates and milestones for each program.
- Strategically lead program operations to support the best portfolio of activations that help achieve Program KPIs and goals. This includes leading the ESR working group, a group of 12+ individuals (VPs, Directors, Managers) responsible for bringing the programs to life.
- Manage internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects, ensuring projects are delivered on-time, within scope, within budget and in support of the ESR program goals. Accountable for influencing vendor/supplier contract requirements and overseeing their execution.
- Assist in the identification and engagement of required stakeholders and resources and ensure technical feasibility as well as resource availability to support project deliverables
- Develop and manage comprehensive project documentation to be shared with program clients, staff, and leadership
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs with appropriate analysis explaining the reason for the change, and rationale for change recommendations
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks and escalate to management as needed
- Oversee program operations budget and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Oversee all aspects of ESR program employee communications and marketing operations
- 7 years of relevant work experience
- Advanced Microsoft Suite knowledge with Excel and PPT
- Strong command project management skills, tools, and resources
- Excellent collaboration skills at multiple levels of an organization (internal and external)
- Strong analytical skills, business planning, and the ability to identify and resolve issues
- Outstanding organizational skills including ability to manage multiple priorities while delivering high level results
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Exhibits a personal responsibility and commitment to his/her work; follow-through and accountability
- Supervision of large teams even if not direct reports
- Management of a direct report
- 10 years of relevant work experience in Brand Agency/Consultancy, Project Management, Chief of staff, Consumer Packaged Goods
- 4 year degree in Business, Marketing, Political Science, Economics, Social Entrepreneurship
At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view. Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.
We welcome your comments and questions about this Manager, Strategic Ops - Enterprise Social Responsibility Programs opportunity at Disney.