Healthcare Programs Analyst
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
This position provides data and technical analytical support for our health care program administration including medical, pharmacy, behavioral health, employee assistance, wellness, and flexible spending account programs, and related support for the management of the program vendors.
This position will also include tactical vendor management and oversight with management support. Responsibilities
- Responsible for the ongoing research and data analysis supporting our health care programs.
- Partner with Total Benefits Outsourcing (TBO) vendor and health care program vendor partners to extract data and develop perspectives.
- Self-service through data warehouse front end to analyze claims, health assessment data, targeted communications and other inputs.
- Proactively identify gaps and opportunities in health care program/plan and vendor performance.
- Respond to ad hoc questions regarding health care program quality, efficiency, coverage, eligibility, communications, etc.
- Perform necessary information gathering, analysis, synthesis, and reporting to ensure compliance with local, state and federal benefits regulations.
- Partner with carriers, vendors, business segments to assemble required data elements.
- Partner with functional subject matter experts (SMEs) (payroll, legal, etc.) for filing, reporting, and remitting payments.
- Responsible for technical and program requirements when implementing program, process design changes, and identifying administrative best practices with vendor partners.
- Research program requirements and/or contracts, identify best practices, review vendor expectations/capabilities, understand technical vendor requirements, seek direction from leadership and functional SMEs when conflicts arise, recommend most efficient/effective solutions.
- Ensure program and process changes are implemented with the high-quality and minimal impact to the employee experience.
- Resolve health care program operational issues of small to medium scope (defined by limited or transparent participant impact, issues surrounding data sharing between carriers and/or vendors), and issues resulting from insufficient or inaccurate process mapping.
- Ensure that employees/cast and their families have an exceptional service experience.
- Serve as a representative for the enterprise benefits group on internal and external cross functional projects that require health care and related subject matter expertise.
- 2 -3 years’ experience working in Benefits Operations (Internal or outsourced) or consulting position with large, complex organization.
- Demonstrated success collaborating on large teams and complex projects.
- Knowledge of federal and state benefits regulations, administrative best practices, advanced project management and vendor management skills.
- Extremely well organized, excellent interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
- Highly proficient analytic skills.
- Expert in MS Access and Excel; Proficient in extractions from ERPs and data warehouses.
- Knowledge of health provider networks, health plan administration best practices, contract negotiation and administration, etc.
- Work toward Group Benefits Associate (GBA) or Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) designation or equivalent.
- Familiarity in writing data warehouse queries; SAP (R/3 and BW); Cognos database management GUIs.
- Proficiency in project management software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Data analytics, Business, or equivalent field of study or a minimum of 3 years work experience in a similar job
- Bachelor's degree in Insurance/risk management, actuarial underwriting, formal project management studies
Company Overview At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view. Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.
We welcome your comments and questions about this Healthcare Programs Analyst opportunity at Disney.