Field Operations Security Manager, Glendale
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
West Coast Security Operations is responsible for the security and safety of cast members, guests and the protection of company assets for all non-theme park locations in all areas of the West Coast of the United States, including Burbank, Glendale and Los Angeles. Responsibilities
- Primary decision maker for all security matters in the assigned area, develops security strategies by consistently evaluating ongoing and emerging threats to TWDC property, employees and brand as it relates to their supported business units and locations.
- Operational security expert and direct point of contact for Human Resources (HR), Employee Relations(ER) and Business Unit Leaders for all security related matters in the assigned area of responsibility.
- Develops and maintains close relationships with local law enforcement and key BU decision makers.
- Spearheads the identification local Capital Projects and partners with the WCSO Training & Logistics Team on the implementation of the project
- Collaborates with other Global Security Teams on the implementation of programs or launching of investigations in the assigned area of responsibility.
- Delivers security and safety services by planning, evaluating, and implementing security functions for all locations within the assigned area or responsibility.
- Leads the on ground response to all security related incidents in the assigned area by immediately seizing incident command and directing assigned resources.
- Directly oversees the hiring and management of Disney proprietary security officers as well as the processing and integration of contract security officers into field operations
- Consistently improve department performance by developing productive security officers through coaching counseling and disciplining when necessary.
- Collaborates with West Coast Security Training Academy and contract security vendor to ensure security officer compliance with departmental training objectives and certifications.
- Ensures the accurate and timely billing of all security services as appropriate.
- Accountable for administrative duties such as reviewing payroll for all weekly and daily Disney Security Officers and ensuring the accountability and maintenance of all assigned equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 10 years experience in positions of increasing responsibility within the security field including 7 years of experience of developing and implementing departmental strategy, visions and directives.
- Very strong IT skills, with experience with the full suite of Microsoft Office products. Strong leadership and influence skills.
- Excellent project management, written and interpersonal communication skills, including strategic relationship building.
- Experience working within diverse environments, including owned and leased properties with various levels of physical security measures.
- Depth of experience in vendor management through maintaining vendor performance and contractual obligations through creation and analysis of KPI’s.
- A self-starter who is organized, intuitive and a collaborative problem-solver with the ability to be effective in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Assimilates and synthesizes information rapidly and recognizes the complexity of issues, challenges assumptions, and has ability to quickly make decisions to address areas of concern.
- Deals effectively with ambiguity and learns from success and failure.
- Demonstrates resiliency and sound judgment in dealing with business and corporate challenges.
- Ability to understand, interpret, analyze and develop consensus within an organizational climate of diverse operational activities.
- Strong business knowledge and acumen.
- Effectively manages integrated change and solves problems.
- Proven leadership track record managing relationships and ability to collaborate and build relationships with stakeholders across functional and organizational lines.
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view.
Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.
We welcome your comments and questions about this Field Operations Security Manager, Glendale opportunity at Disney.