Executive Assistant - Controllership
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
This Secretary position supports the Corporate VP, Controller for The Walt Disney Company. This role is responsible for maintaining an efficient functioning office and workflow, supporting projects, effectively producing and managing communications, meeting preparations and meeting notes, and other administrative support including calendar coordination. This position supports a corporate executive leading and organization of ~300 team members across various geographies.
The ideal candidate for this role will be an individual with high energy, an independent producer, very proactive and willing to tackle new assignments. This role requires building and maintaining productive relationships across the organization, handling a rapidly changing environment, and regularly managing multiple priorities. The Administrative Coordinator must be flexible, very service oriented and demonstrate strong attention to detail. The role requires strong technology and user software experience and skills.
- Support the Corporate Controllership leader in all aspects of the work including communications, calendar coordination, meeting preparations and project management support.
- Effectively plan and communicate to the leader, business colleagues and partners on matters associated with the department responsibilities. Must be able to communicate and coordinate with the most senior executive offices and their team members.
- Prepare executive for meetings which will include gathering and assimilating materials or data. Be prepare to develop and share written meeting recaps
- Skillfully, proactively and independently manage the executive’s calendar understanding priorities, addressing recurring changes, and using appropriate mediums for meetings inclusive of video conferencing over various time zones. Coordinate logistics for all participants.
- Will participate and support special projects of the executive that could be administrative in nature or more involved such as business integrations, reorganizations, research, etc. Will be given direction but expected to be able to build excel files, produce written documents or research materials when given particular topics. Will produce original work in excel, word, and PowerPoint.
- Screen, organize, and determine significance of information, calls and correspondence to prioritize actions and facilitate work to ensure that deadlines are met
- Possess the willingness and ability to identify opportunities and resolve problems independently and demonstrate good judgment in the handling of issues with a sense of urgency
- Proficiently use Microsoft Office products, including the ability to create, manipulate, and print documents in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Effectively utilize SAP to verify bills, prepare payment requests, act as casual buyer for the department, and research and follow-up on payments and payroll questions
- Manage expense reports and processing, including gathering receipts, organizing information, submitting, and tracking to ensure prompt payments
- Organize and maintain both electronic and hard copy files for quick and easy access
- Create and further strengthen a vibrant, team focused culture
- Lead efforts to ensure professional office appearance throughout the department
- Develop acute savviness for Company policies
- Provide general office management support to the team
- Minimum of five years of experience serving in an executive support role and/or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated exemplary planning and organization skills – able to set priorities, manage details and accurately follow through to meet all deadlines
- Demonstrated strong ability to be proactive and self-motivated and anticipate needs
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage multiple tasks and prioritize work in a fast paced environment with minimal oversight
- Demonstrated excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills with the ability to prepare original communications/memos
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SAP, and internet. Knowledge and/or willingness to learn Microsoft Visio and additional software and mobile devices is a plus
- Ability and eagerness to learn the substance of the work in order to be an effective facilitator within the business unit
- Positive team player with a strong service orientation and enthusiastic attitude
- Demonstrated ability to make independent decisions and demonstrate good judgment in the handling of issues; including those that involve sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to maintain professionalism, calmly and smoothly manage multiple and ever-changing demands, details, and deadlines
- Strong partnering and relationship building skills
- Previous experience supporting an Accounting/Finance organization a plus
- College associates degree or more
At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view.
Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.
We welcome your comments and questions about this Executive Assistant - Controllership opportunity at Disney.