Disney Accelerator Internship, Corporate - Summer 2018
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you’ve learned in the classroom through real-world hands-on work experience. Now imagine yourself in a Professional Internship with Disney Corporate. When your extraordinary talents, our renowned legacy and the promise of an even brighter future unite, just imagine the stories you could be part of!
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
The Disney Accelerator is designed to accelerate the growth of startups from around the world. Ten startups will be selected for a three-month mentorship and investment program that will immerse them in the media and entertainment business. The program begins in June and concludes with Demo Day in October.
The LA-based program is open to early and venture-backed tech startups with a vision for making an impact on the future of media and entertainment. The Disney Accelerator provides participating companies with investment capital, access to co-working space at Disney’s creative campus and mentor support and guidance from top Disney executives, entrepreneurs, investors and other notable business leaders from the entertainment and tech communities.
Since the Disney Accelerator started in 2014, companies from across the US, Europe and Asia have participated in building the future of media and entertainment with technologies, as diverse as robotics, AI, wearables, messaging and VR. ResponsibilitiesA Day in the Life…
- Work closely with participating startups across various strategic and tactical areas (e.g., business planning, market mapping, presentation drafting, financial modeling, market sizing, revenue and user forecasting, product road mapping, user research)
- Support the Disney Accelerator operation with aspects of operating the venue and program both logistically and functionally (e.g., scheduling, set up, hosting)
- Participate in tech community outreach
- Assist with key event operations (e.g., demo day, open house, speaker events)
- Prepare program materials
Basic QualificationsWhat we are looking for…
- Self-starter with ability to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Highly organized person
- Strong communication skills
- Comfort wearing multiple hats in a very flat organization
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and Keynote
- Passion for startups, venture investing and technology
- Ability to develop financial models
- Ability to prepare presentation materials
Required Education Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program. Preferred Education Rising junior or senior with strong academic performance at a top four-year university. Company Overview The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world. Additional Information
- The approximate dates of this internship are June through August 2018. Candidates with availability during the fall semester may continue through October 2018.
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours during the summer. (If available to continue into the fall, candidate must be able to work part-time hours in September and October.)
- Able to provide own housing and transportation in the Burbank/Glendale area
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be at least 18 years of age
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.