Digital Media Intern, Corporate Communications - Summer/Fall 2018
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you’ve learned in the classroom through real-world hands-on work experience. Now imagine yourself in a Professional Internship with Disney Corporate. When your extraordinary talents, our renowned legacy and the promise of an even brighter future unite, just imagine the stories you could be part of!
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
The Walt Disney Company's Corporate Communications department is seeking an enthusiastic, creative and motivated intern for the digital team. The candidate must be comfortable with tight deadlines, be extremely detail oriented, highly organized and able to multi-task and thrive in an exciting, fast-paced environment. Projects include working with D23: The Official Disney Fan Club, maintain and upload content to internal and external-facing corporate websites, and other projects as needed for various internal clients.
ResponsibilitiesA Day in the Life…
The DCCR Digital Media Intern will play a big role in supporting the Digital Media team. Day-to-day tasks will vary from participating in client meetings to maintaining web tools.
- Work with editorial team to update and manage content on multiple websites including D23.com, TheWaltDisneyCompany.com, Newsreel and various Backlot sites.
- Gather weekly/monthly web/social media analytics for multiple accounts
- Create groups and communities on Backlot - Disney's internal community website
- Create and code multiple HTML email and web pages
- Collaborate and advise on guest digital user-experience
- Maintain existing and potentially create web apps/tools
Basic QualificationsWhat we are looking for…
- Proven ability to successfully prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Mandatory knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience in HTML Web page or email creation
- Strong familiarity with Content Management Systems (Jive, WordPress, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and other-image editing software
- Basic knowledge of video encoding software
- Strong knowledge of web technologies (mobile websites, mobile web apps, native apps, web protocols like FTP and WebDAV)
- Quick learner with ability to take direction, work under pressure and operate as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- An extreme attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- High sense of responsibility and confidentiality
- Ability to deal effectively with people at all levels
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Familiarity of The Walt Disney Company brand and its businesses
Preferred QualificationsStrong knowledge of Web Design and Digital User Experience Required Education
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree or graduated with a major in computer science, web design, web technology or related.
Web Design and User Experience Company Overview
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.
- The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 through December 2018/January 2019
- Candidate must be available to work full-time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
- Able to provide own housing and transportation in the Burbank/Glendale area
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be at least 18 years of age