Business Systems Analyst
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Enterprise Business Systems team is currently looking for a Business Systems Analyst (BSA). This position requires expertise in systems analysis, business process definition, process re-engineering and continuous improvement principles.
This individual will work closely with the Logistics and Operations teams to gather system requirements. The analyst needs to have a global perspective, looking across all regions and lines of business when developing solutions to meet the needs of the organization. The analyst will ensure IT processes are repeatable, recommending smart approaches to gather requirements and deliver projects while improving the overall business process.
The Business Systems analyst will identify and assess potential “forward-thinking” solutions for both technical and business feasibility. The successful candidate will have used proven analysis processes to ensure a stable and predictable operating environment for the user community, which includes proper problem identification, timely escalation and resolution, and thorough testing of software changes.
- Possess a strong understanding of a product value chain with domain knowledge in logistics and operations
- Responsible for delivering business requirements that drives technical solutions
- Drives analysis with business by documenting current and “future-state” processes
- Produces written documentation and maintain a document repository
- Develops business analysis deliverables, including but not limited to workflows and process models, business requirements, use cases, and business rules.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of SDLC methodologies as well as change management.
- Creates and/or supports the development of work and test plans for large to moderate projects.
- Develops requirements and testing specifications for moderate to complex system enhancements.
- Supervises specification review with business, technical, and training staff.
- Leads implementation of complex fixes/enhancements.
- Drives analysis needs to resolve day-to-day production issues in partnership with support organization
- Uses business architectural principles to define project objectives, processes, roles and responsibilities, and methodology
- Responsible for effectively managing own time according to agreed-to priorities.
- Assists in interviews of resources as needed
- Exposure to different business leaders
- 5+ years in business systems analysis with at least 1-2 years of experience with large scale and complex systems
- Experience with multi-tiered architectures, including UI design, business rules layer, and basic data architecture
- Vertical product development, manufacturing, or Logistics experience
- Ability to communicate and present technology concepts and solutions to non- technical business people
- Ability to identify risks throughout the project and providing mitigation strategy
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills are essential with both internal and external resources
- Experience working in the media/entertainment company is desirable
- 2+ years of Project Management experience on small to moderate complex level projects is desirable
- Proven track record of business acumen with product development
- Tools – Demonstrated proficiency in the below will be highly regarded:
- Powerpoint, Word, Excel, Project, Visio, Rational Suite
- Web Browsers – Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in an IT related field
- 2+ year experience supporting complex IT projects and/or IT Support Departments
- 2+ year experience in project management of large IT initiatives
- Prior Disney experience in technology
- Retail, wholesale, Logistics IT experience
- Technical and business acumen that can be applied across functions or businesses
- Demonstrated domain experience and knowledge of Supply Chain governance, risk and compliance
- BA/BS computer science, engineering or information services and equivalent technical training
- PMI/PMP Certification is a plus
Company Overview At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view. Additional Information
- This position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.