Senior Financial Systems Analyst
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Senior Financial Systems Analyst will provide sustainment support for the Front of the House systems and SAP across the segment & Enterprise. The position will play a key role in sustaining existing processes and introduction of new technologies are placed into operation, ensuring planning and implementation considers the correct processing and accounting of financial data across multiple systems. Additional responsibilities include working with finance partners for approval, performing testing efforts to validate financial and functional requirements, and working with IT and business partners to ensure that critical financial needs are covered. This will include supporting change management efforts through testing, documentation and training.
The ideal candidate should have extensive experience with process improvement, ability to learn new systems and with projects at the Enterprise, Segment or Business Unit level. This candidate should be familiar with current best practices and ability to work with multiple business units to understand the issues and partner with IT for a resolution
This person will report to the Financial Systems Manager. Responsibilities
- Participates and aligns with long term strategy for Financial Systems and related processes within their process area
- Uses knowledge of the company’s products and services to meet customer needs
- Connects their segment & process priorities to the greater organizational goals.
- Pulls and monitors metrics to obtain trends and patterns to identify process/system opportunities and execute corrective action
- Recommends and implements process improvement/reengineering initiatives
- Demonstrates an understanding of their specific business process and related objectives
- Leads small to medium scale projects or portions of a larger project.
- Interacts with IT, other segments and subject matter experts to support system implementations and enhancements
- Leads and executes project activities to ensure project progresses on schedule
- Effectively communicates with management, stakeholders, subject matter experts and project team members
- Performs requirements gathering, solution design, testing, end-user training and communication
- Promotes teamwork across the enterprise both internally and externally
- Contributes to the productivity and morale of the team
- Positively confront issues and resolves conflict with sound judgment
- Listens and asks questions to ensure understanding
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risk and resource requirements
Process Support and Governance
- Partner with clients to understand pain points and champion process improvements
- Leads documentation of information to design documents and functional specifications.
- Keeps abreast of technology and solutions for key finance processes, supply chain, and business analytics
- Documents system/process best practices
- Applies expert knowledge and understanding of financial and US GAAP accounting principles to our systems and business processes
- Proactively identifies issues (data or process) and ensures that appropriate action is taken to resolve issues and communications are sent to keep the end user audiences informed and updated
- Leads the strategy for end user support and training within process area. This includes request management (incidents/system enhancements) and training (standard materials, course design and delivery)
- Supports the governance and monitoring of finance system compliance in accordance with company policies, standards and SOX requirements
- Minimum of 4 – 6 years of demonstrated high-level professional knowledge and skills in finance and/or supply chain systems and processes.
- Minimum of 4 - 6 years leading change management efforts at the Enterprise, Segment and Business Unit levels of the organization
- Experience working for large company and within a matrix organization
- Passion for and knowledge of emerging technologies to deliver best practice ensuring financial systems integrity and controls
- Expert knowledge/experience in Financial Systems and area for business and technical audiences.
- Experience supporting change for large projects that encompass front of house and back of house finance/accounting and integration to SAP ensuring financial integrity
- Demonstrate multi-tasking and project management skills to manage workload from logistics to strategic efforts, while adhering to deadlines and high quality.
- Experienced in using the Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to develop a logical and persuasive approach and outline for a “deck”
- Demonstrated ability to build credibility with internal clients and to navigate organizational structures.
- Proven ability to collaborate, establish relationships, and build credibility with employees and teams
- Demonstrated self-starter
- Ability to understand and adapt to different audiences and clients
- Experience with small to medium projects that encompass front of house and back of house finance/accounting with integration to SAP ensuring financial integrity
- Demonstrate multi-tasking skills to manage workload while adhering to deadlines and high quality.
- CPA or CMA license, or equivalent
- PMP or other professional project management certification
- Six Sigma certification
- Member of American Society for Training and Development (ASTD) and/or International Association of Business Communicators (IABC), or a similar professional organization
- Experienced in using the Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- Experience in using SAP or another ERP
- Experience in using Business Warehouse, Business Objects and/or Cognos reporting tools
- Ability to demonstrate a strong business acumen
- Experience implementing financial processes and systems
- Experience using systems designed to manage issues, changes and testing (e.g. Service Now, ALM)
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Information Technology, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Graduate Degree in Accounting and Finance, or a related field (e.g., MBA, MIS)
Company Overview At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view. Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.