Sr Payments Analyst (PH)
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
This position reports to the Manager of Finance, Payment Services Emerging Payments Project team and will support the Visa Checkout and Disney Visa Instant Credit projects.
This position requires working with internal Controllership / Finance clients, TWDC Enterprise CRM, Financial Systems, Digital, Park Operations Integration and Technology teams to develop and execute system requirements, provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) on project issues and risks related to electronic payments and ensure that correct accounting processes and controls for electronic payments are delivered. As such, strong project management skills along with a detailed understanding of electronic payments regulations and system transaction flow will be required to be successful in this space. This position will also be responsible for ensuring that the correct Payment Services resources are engaged in the Financial Integration Testing plan that ensures that all Visa Checkout and Disney Visa Instant Credit related system changes and enhancements are thoroughly tested, to ensure the integrity and accuracy of the financial data flowing from the systems.
This position will be responsible for communicating pertinent project(s) details, including scope changes and timeline changes, to leadership in a timely manner and also for providing written weekly / monthly updates.
- Translates strategy into specific priorities, objectives and action plans
- Connects their segment & process priorities to the greater organizational goals.
- Makes sound business decisions that balance competing priorities
- Participates in the strategic business planning with business units (within Segments and across the Enterprise) and IT to formulate enhancement options to address specific electronic payments issues / requirements
- Recommends and implements process improvement/reengineering initiatives for electronic payments
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of business specific objectives
- Provides electronic payments expertise for the project and keeps leadership informed of project development through weekly/monthly updates
- Coordinates & executes project(s) activities related to electronic payments to ensure project progresses on schedule
- Develops solution testing, training and communication related to electronic payments
- Applies expert knowledge and understanding of electronic payments to WDPR’s systems and business processes
- Proactively identifies and troubleshoots issues (data or process) and take appropriate action to resolve
- Manages testing efforts for electronic payments for system implementations, enhancements and modifications
- Ensures orderly, accurate and timely completion of all required test scripts, localizes test scripts as necessary to ensure each Segment’s specific business needs are addressed
- Regularly interacts with department management, clients and stakeholders on matters concerning their functional area, segments and departments
- Able to concisely develop and deliver key information; ability to develop well laid out presentations
- Tailors messages appropriately to the audiences
- Conveys relevant information in a timely and concise manner
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in credit card or merchant acquiring industry
- Experience can be with a financial institution or a payments role at a large merchant
- Proven “team player” who possesses solid interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proven experience and knowledge in card brand regulations
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to develop a logical and persuasive approach and outline for a “deck”, knowing how to vary format, structure, and content to suit various audiences
- Ability to understand and adapt to different audiences and clients, their needs and potential reactions to ideas and potential issues
- Demonstrated ability to build credibility with internal clients and to navigate organizational structures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to explain technical concepts in non-technical terms
- Ability to succinctly convey relevant information across multiple levels of the organization and confidently project a professional image that fosters relationship building and collaboration.
- Demonstrated multi-tasking and project management skills to manage workload from logistics to strategic efforts, while adhering to deadlines and high quality.
- Strong understanding of electronic payments systems, processes and enhancements
- Proven ability to quickly learn complex situations
- Proven history of building and maintaining excellent client service relationships
- Proven ability to interact and partner with all levels of management to help drive collaborative business decisions
- High energy level; strong work ethic
- Must possess strong quantitative and analytical skills combined with solid business and financial acumen
- 10 years working in payments industry
- Knowledge of payment systems related to internet transactions
- Knowledge of internet payment process and electronic payment processes in general
- Experienced in using the Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Graduate Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field
Company Overview At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view. Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.