Senior Accounting Associate
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Sr. Accounting Associate will develop an in-depth understanding of the daily Operational internal and external business practices for both Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort for Wholesale and Ticketing contracted clients. Having the flexibility to change directions for multiple system replacements while incorporating the root causes of client challenges, understanding the big-picture implications of making changes, and providing streamline solution recommendations. Responsibilities
- Creates Operating Guidelines, trains, and implements multiple metric reporting for the overall Wholesale/Ticketing Team that measures performance. In addition, these reports are standardized across all roles where applicable and include Sales, Voids, and Request for Credit Log, Aging, and Client Sales detail reporting directly to clients.
- Contract compliance to include maintaining the minimum required Security thresholds and effective timely communications identifying situations and proposed solutions. Direct decision support and operational requirements for all functions including audit, controls, management of high dollar Guest Reservations (Hotel and Ticket). Use judgment with third party clients and Cast regarding issue escalation and engagement of internal partners (Sales, Operations, etc.).
- Expertise in managing and monitoring the end to end daily portfolios for Wholesale and 3rd Party Contracted Clients for both Coasts including accurate sales and payments
- Active member of all ticketing technological onboarding to include moving from a manual reservation process to automated system to system process. Ensure that electronic fund transfers reflect the proper details from the bank for accurate posting. Compete all ticketing Financial Interface Testing (FIT), System enhancement, System Breaks, and Major Release testing proper to moving into production for SAP, ATS, and Business Objects.
- Provide expertise and guidance to internal Sales Managers specific to system challenges and offer mitigation solutions for repetitive error situations.
- Participate in staff meetings, D-Achieve conversations and other department events as appropriate. 100% cross trained in the Wholesale/Ticketing Accounting Associate Sr. and Deposit Operations job roles. Jump in and assist members of the team during peak periods and when members are on vacation.
- Accountable for accurate monthly balances for open item managed (OIM) SAP General Ledger Accounts including the reconciliation of Balance Sheet Liability Accounts. Ensure that our A/R balances are collected within contractual obligations.
- Ensure all Journal Entries and Accounting records are compliant with our GAAP Accounting Practices and RIM (records management policies).
- 3 to less than 5 years related experience
- Proven ability to identify and implement process improvement opportunities
- Proactive initiative and willingness to learn new applications
- Extensive knowledge in ATS, Lilo, SAP, and Business Objects
- Proven proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel, Word; and Outlook
- Proven ability to be a self-starter with minimal supervision and follow-up
- Proven ability to work well in a fast paced environment, successfully meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated strong relationship partnerships and ability to resolve disputes
- Demonstrated organizational, decision making, analytical and problem solving.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, as well as telephone etiquette skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information.
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Strong verbal, written, and listening skills
- Strong interpersonal, team and leadership skills
- Strong ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Strong change management skills
- Experience with SAP, ATS, Galaxy, Star Command, Business Objects, Magic, Dreams, Lilo, Pivot Tables, New Knowledge, Macros
- 2 year college degree or equivalent; Accounting/Finance
- 4 year college degree or equivalent; Accounting/Finance
Company Overview At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view. Additional Information
- This position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer