Network Engineer Internship, Corporate - Summer 2018
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you’ve learned in the classroom through real-world hands-on work experience. Now imagine yourself in a Professional Internship with Disney Corporate. When your extraordinary talents, our renowned legacy and the promise of an even brighter future unite, just imagine the stories you could be part of!
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
Business Network Design Services team is responsible for identifying the appropriate telecommunication, WAN, MAN, LAN, and Wi-Fi technology solutions to support and meet the customer’s business requirements.This department provides network designs, manages network implementations, and proactively provides status to the Business Units (WDW TP&R, DCL, ABC OTV and others).The BNDS team also functions as a technical resource to evaluate evolving Telecommunication technology and as a consultant to the Business Units for new company initiatives.The BNDS team also collaborate with outsourced suppliers to communicate Disney network requirements and reviews the Supplier recommended solutions/projects to ensure the design meets the business needs.
ResponsibilitiesA Day in the Life…
Assist senior team members with providing technical consultation, needs assessment, engineering design, project proposals (technical and finance), technical coordination, and manage the completion of projects (oversee suppliers) to ensure the implemented design meet the business and technical requirement of the BU.
Work as a team member on business unit telecommunication projects, including the research and recommendation of new technologies. Consult with business units on available network solutions to meet their business requirements. Assist with designing customized solutions when required to support specific business unit goals and objectives. Work on multiple projects at a time including developing project plans and schedules, allocating resources and providing status updates to management.
Network Engineer Intern will function as part of the technical team and liaison to the business units to ensure projects coordinated and DTSS standards are followed. Reviews Supplier provided implementation plan to ensure architectural and network integrity.
Basic QualificationsWhat we are looking for…
- General networking knowledge.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders in a diverse set of business units.
- Ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Customer service orientation.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a highly visible fast paced environment.
- CCNA/ CCDA Cisco certifications
- ITILv3 certification
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Visio and Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint)
Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program.
Preferred Education 4-year degree in Telecommunications, Information Technology/Networking or Business related field
Company Overview The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
- The approximate dates of this internship are May/June 2018 through August 2018
- Candidate must be available to work part time/full time hours (approximately 30-40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
- Able to provide own housing and transportation in the Celebration, Florida area
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be at least 18 years of age
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, an equal opportunity employer.