Graduate Accounting Internship (FL), Corporate- Summer/Fall 2018
At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view.
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
Disney Worldwide Shared Services is an expanding team of process experts and accounting professionals who provide shared accounting services to The Walt Disney Company, inclusive of all Segments. You'll be directly working with the team supporting Corporate Real Estate and partnering with them to ensure proper accounting of lease holdings across The Walt Disney Company.
ResponsibilitiesA Day in the Life…
Make an Impact by providing day-to-day accounting assistance through:
- Journal Entries
- Balance Sheet Account Reconciliations
- Accounting Research and Analysis
- Close Related Tasks
- Lease Accounting Straight Line Schedules
- SOX Compliance
- Project Work
Basic QualificationsWhat we are looking for…
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills
- The ability to build strong relationships in a highly professional “client service orientation” environment
- Team player
- Solid interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent communicator in both oral and written settings
- Flexible, “special-projects” orientation coupled with solid multi-tasking abilities
- Self-driven, independent thinker
- Previous accounting work experience
- A or B in ACG 3141
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Graduating Senior or Master's student (or recent graduate within 6 months) with a major in accounting
- Working towards CPA
Company Overview The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world. Additional Information
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from June 2018 through January 2019.
- Required Materials: Resume and transcripts must be uploaded at time of online application.
- Housing: A limited number of housing is available for Florida based participants. Interns are able to sign up for housing once they have accepted an internship offer.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
This position is with Disney Fin Srvces, LLC, an equal opportunity employer.