At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Configuration Management includes the processes, technology and data related to controlling IT configuration items within the enterprise.
The role of Configuration [MANAGER] is to support the SACM [LEADER] in implementing the SACM strategy for Configuration Management, and managing the IT Configuration Management process to ensure the process objectives are achieved. The Configuration [MANAGER] serves as the primary point of responsibility for managing the day to day DTSS Configuration Management processes. This role manages the execution, measuring process metrics, identifying improvements and recommending improvement plans for DTSS Configuration Management Policies and Processes. This individual manages the process to ensure the Configuration Management Policies and Processes are being carried out within the IT SM team and the matrix delivery organization. This role is also responsible for the integrity of the Configuration Management System (CMS) data and toolset. The DTSS Configuration [MANAGER] interfaces with the DTSS Asset Manager, as well as respective IT functional areas to enforce and ensure the delivery of the DTSS Configuration Management process. Responsibilities
- Process champion for all Configuration Management policies & processes that support, and influence the service asset & configuration management functions.
- Assist the SACM [LEADER] with to the development the SACM roadmap; assists with communicating the SACM roadmap to the matrix segment and DTSS Infrastructure Delivery Configuration Managers, customers and partners.
- Understands the business drivers and needs of SACM “customers” including process stakeholders and data consumers. Translates business needs to SACM solutions.
- Manage assigned projects to achieve roadmap goals approved by executive leadership
- Responsible for the day-to-day coordination and management of the process and procedures used to carry our DTSS Configuration Management.
- Plans and coordinates ongoing process and tool training
- Process Measurement - is responsible for providing metrics, measurements and reports regarding the process’ performance. Responsible for identification of deviations from the process
- Handles general communication and maintains open communication across the organization regarding the process
- Oversees the process and ensures the process is adhered to, handles issue escalation, identifies and promotes process deficiencies for resolution
- Has a keen understanding of the business functions involved in the process
- Acts as a process champion
- Configuration Management Plan: Defines and maintains the configuration management plan, including the CMDB audit plan. Performs configuration audits in accordance with the audit plan
- Develop, standardize and maintain internal processes, work instructions, utilities, job aides, etc. used to maintain the CMDB
- Develop and maintain metrics for defining and reporting on the state of the CMDB
- Create and provide CMDB maturity and accuracy trend analysis to appropriate CDMB stakeholders
- Report on process and compliance issues that affect the proper maintenance of the CMDB
- Pro-actively manages Configuration Reports across Service Delivery teams for verification and accuracy of CIs
- Process Coordination
- Pro-actively manages interface between Configuration Management, Asset Management and Change Management to identify exceptions or risks to the change processes, which may negatively impact the accuracy of asset data.
- Ensure that modifications to the CMDB resulting from change requests and incidents are properly authorized, recorded and controlled
- Exceptions to the sanctioned change processes, which negatively impact the accuracy of CMDB data, are documented and reported back to leadership
- Interfaces with other Infrastructure / Application management processes are managed efficiently
- 5 years Management experience.
- 5+ years of working within a Configuration Management role within an IT organization
- 5-7+ years of technical, management, communications, and financial skills in IT operations or Business Operations Environment
- 5+ Experienced with data modeling and design
- ITIL v3 Foundations certified
- Experience with or knowledge of major ITSM products such as HP Service Manager, BMC Atrium, ServiceNow, or IBM TADDM/CCMDB
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience working within large, complex global organizations
- Experience working within an outsourced environment
- Vendor relationship management experience
- Comfortable working within a highly matrix organization
- Strong technology driven process experience
- Excellent Data modeling and data analytics
- Outsourcing in a multi-vendor environment strong preferred. Process development / deployment and Service Level background is helpful
- 5+ years of leading IT Projects / strong Project Management skills
- Ideally qualified in ITIL Configuration Management Practitioners
- COBIT/Lean process
- Knowledge of Service Management in the Cloud a plus
- Knowledge of ServiceNow highly desired
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience
Company Overview At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view. Additional Information
- This position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.