Sr Analyst/Auditor, Configuration Management, ITIL (Project position)
The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences.
The Disney Technology Solutions and Services (DTSS) organization provides scalable, reliable enterprise-wide networks and computing platforms to all of the Disney businesses through integrated service aggregation from multiple internal and external providers. DTSS is guided by the principles of being service focused and easy to do business with, being biased for action and innovation, and being efficient through leverage and continuous improvement.
Service Management enables the efficient and effective design, transition, and operation of services to the business. The Service Management team within Disney is responsible for the architecture strategy, process & applications & tools that enable Service management capabilities. Within DTSS, the Service Management team develops and operates the underlying processes, tools, and frameworks required to support a diverse portfolio of technology and infrastructure services.
The role of Service Management Configuration Analyst/Auditor (Senior Analyst) is to work with the Service Management Configuration Manager in establishing, maintaining, and continuously improving the data model for the Service Asset & Configuration Management(SACM) program. This role is responsible for working with the SACM Advisory Group ensuring that data records are validated and accurate. Ensuring that lifecycle processes are followed, automated updates are completed and that manual updates to the CMDB take place, gaps are reconciled, and integrations into other processes are supported.
The Service Management Configuration Analyst/Auditor (Senior Analyst) services the DTSS customer base, which includes Service Management lifecycle participants and consumers. Stakeholders include DTSS (Suppliers, Infrastructure Delivery towers, Applications, and IT Security) and Segment partners.The Configuration Analyst/Auditor acts as the conduit between process and practice ensuring critical data is being captured throughout the lifecycle stages.
The Service Management Configuration Analyst/Auditor (Senior Analyst) will apply industry standards (for example, ITIL v3) as well as business and operational acumen to deliver utility-based Configuration Management process capability solutions to their customer by gathering business requirements and facilitating process & technical solutions to meet the Disney DTSS Service strategy. Responsibilities
Establishing a trusted and well maintained source of system information will drive the effectiveness of department in supporting and reacting to the overall environment and business needs. This position will drive the development and maintenance of the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) including identifying key attributes to track throughout the lifecycle, ensuring data integrity and seeking to provide business value. To accomplish this, this person will need to partner with Tower Leads, Suppliers, and Segment Partners to determine what classes to track and what is needed to support other Service Management Processes. This role will ensure adherence to the CMDB data model. The role will facilitate the Bi-Annual Data Certification process ensuring participants are actively engaged in validating and/or updating their critical CMDB information. This role will be responsible for monitoring of KPI reports and identifying areas of concern that need to be addressed.
Continual Improvements efforts increase overall data effectiveness and drive efficiencies in downstream processes. This position will engage with EIS Process Owners, Tower Leads, Business Segment contacts, and Suppliers to drive system continuous improvements. Establish good working relationships with each of these groups and other stakeholders, set improvement goals and drive to completion.
This role will support and maintain communications and training plans to ensure stakeholders are aware of system requirements including key attributes necessary for reporting and overall system health. They will partner with Process Owners, Tower Leads, Business Segment contacts, and Suppliers to outline system requirements and data sources. Develop documentation to share with stakeholders and the IT population at large. Provide regular feedback on data population and content and ensure an avenue for remediation is clearly communicated. Basic Qualifications
- Strong Service Management tools experience specifically within Configuration Management and Data Analysis
- 3+ years of experience in either a large IT shared services organization or outsourced environment
- 5+ years Configuration Management experience
- ITIL v3 Foundations Certified
- ITIL Expert Certification preferred
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to synthesize the data and provide direction
- knowledge/experience in documenting business and functional requirements, processes, and interfaces
- Subject Matter Expert across the Configuration Management lifecycle
- Demonstrated ability to be an effective team member and lead solutions for complex initiatives, services requests, business or technical issues
- Excellent planning, organizing, and project management skills
- Strong ability to establish, build and cultivate relationships and work effectively in a highly matrix organization
- Ability to interact effectively with geographically and culturally diverse teams
- Ability to take ownership of, and focus on critical initiatives
- Effective written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of audiences (customer, executive, technical, non-technical)
- Ability to recognize and embrace change as the external environment and organization evolves
- Familiarity with tracking various cloud environments such as AWS or Azure
- Experienced in a multi-vendor Outsourcing environment
- Strong operational background of all Service Management functions
- Experienced in data analysis and management utilizing advanced Excel techniques, SQL queries, and Access
- Familiarity with Agile and SCRUM methodologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or commensurate industry work experience and certifications.
- Master’s in Business Administration, Engineering, or Service Management
Company Overview Disney Technology Solutions & Services (DTSS) is responsible for technology strategy and management, engineering, architecture, IT and technical operations for The Walt Disney Company flagship Web sites such as Disney.com, Disney Family.com, ABC.com, and ESPN.com. DTSS provides services in both platform engineering and web operations. Platform engineering includes Content Management, Mobile Connectivity, Messaging, Identity, and Data Warehouse & Reporting. The DTSS web operations teams focus on Servers & Hosting and Network Connectivity. DTSS teams are located in Seattle, Bristol, N. Hollywood, Glendale, New York, Burbank, and Orlando. Additional Information
- This position is with the legal entity Disney Worldwide Services, an equal opportunity employer.