Senior Manager, Service Asset&Configuration
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Disney Technology Solutions & Services (DTSS) is responsible for the strategy and management, central engineering, architecture, IT and technical operations for the Walt Disney Company. The DTSS organization provides scalable, reliable enterprise-wide networks and computing platforms to all of Disney businesses through integrated service aggregation from multiple internal and external providers. DTSS is guided by the principles of being service focused and easy to do business with, being biased for action and innovation, and being efficient through leverage and continuous improvement. Service Management enables the efficient and effective design, transition, and operation of services to the business. The Service Management team within Disney is responsible for the architecture strategy, process & applications & tools that enable Service management capabilities. Within DTSS, the Service Management team develops and operates the underlying processes, tools, and frameworks required to support a diverse portfolio of technology and infrastructure services.
Service Asset and Configuration Management (SACM) includes the processes, technology and data related to controlling IT assets and configuration items within the enterprise. The role of Service Asset and Configuration Management (SACM) Senior Manager is to develop and implement the SACM strategy for DTSS Service Management, and ensure the goals and objectives of the Service Asset and Configuration Management process are achieved. The SACM Senior Manager serves as the primary point of accountability for the life-cycle management of information technology assets and configuration items throughout the Service Management eco-system. This role is accountable to senior management for the proper design, execution, and improvement of the SACM Policies and Processes. This individual ensures that the Policies and Processes are being carried out within the IT SM team and the matrix delivery organization. This role is also responsible for the integrity of the SACM data and toolset including the IT Asset Management (ITAM) tools and Configuration Management System (CMS). The SACM Senior Manager interfaces with the respective IT functional areas to enforce and ensure the delivery of the SACM process.
Position can be located in Orlando, Florida OR Burbank, California Responsibilities
- Thought leader, evangelist and change agent for all policies & processes that support, and influence the service asset & configuration management functions.
- Understands the business drivers and needs of SACM customers including process stakeholders and data consumers. Translates business needs to SACM solutions.
- Develop the SACM roadmap; communicate the SACM roadmap to executives, customers and partners. Develop and drive SACM projects to achieve roadmap goals approved by executive leadership
- Accountable for the SACM Policies and Processes including the overall performance and results of the process.
- Develop asset and configuration management standards, plans and procedures
- Analyze and define reporting requirements based on business need including management reports, impact analysis reports, configuration status reports, change records and configuration baseline reports
- Provide subject matter expertise related to the process and data needed to execute and improve SACM solution
- Responsible for establishing and communicating the value of the SACM solution, and educating the solution across all stakeholder levels through the use of strategic KPIs and metric reporting
- Act as the single point of coordination for the approach and requirements definition responsible for driving SACM process maturity, efficiency, and effectiveness goals
- Accountable for baseline configuration and verification audit (CVA) to document the data inventory and establish within the CM system
- Lead the integration of processes required to deliver a “full life-cycle” view of configuration items and their relationships and attributes over time
- Establish process measurements, metrics and reports that enable the phased implementation and continuous improvement of the Service Asset and Configuration management process.
- Create data management policies, procedures, automation and roles/responsibilities for supporting SACM to ensure data currency, accuracy and availability.
- Accountable for the Enterprise Infrastructure Services (EIS) Asset Management
- Process owner for DTSS SACM
- 5-7 years Management experience.
- 5+ years of working within a Service Asset & Configuration Management role within a large, complex IT organization
- 10+ years of technical, management, communications, and financial skills in IT operations or Business Operations Environment
- 5+ Experienced with data modeling and design
- 5+ years of leading IT Projects / strong Project Management skills
- ITIL v3 Foundations certified
- Experience with or knowledge of major ITSM products such as HP Service Manager, BMC Atrium, ServiceNow, or IBM TADDM/CCMDB
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project.
- Experience working within large, complex global organizations
- Experience working within an outsourced environment
- Excellent Data modeling and data analytics skills
- Vendor relationship management experience
- Comfortable working within a highly matrixed organization
- Ability to analyze fairly complex data and develop innovative solutions.
- Strong technology driven
- Deep process experience; SME for SACM processes and policies
- Ability to engage members from other teams and Business Partners to develop solutions.
- Ability to interact effectively with geographically and culturally diverse Business Units.
- Strong customer, quality and results orientation.
- Excellent planning, organizing and project management skills.
- Ability to take ownership of, and focus on critical initiatives.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Ability to be an effective team member and project leader.
- Experience running a CMDB supporting cloud services
- Outsourcing in a multi-vendor environment strong preferred. Process development / deployment and Service Level background is helpful
- ITILv3 Practitioner certificate Level in Release Control
- COBIT/Lean process
- Agile / Scrum
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience
Company Overview At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view. Additional Information
- This position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.