VP, Organizational Development
The VP, Organizational Development works in close partnership with Segment OD leaders and the SVP Corporate HR, to develop, build, and implement the Organization Development Center of Excellence (COE), in order to design and execute holistic strategies and elevate the performance of TWDC.
ResponsibilitiesOrganization Development: This role will be responsible for enterprise and cross-segment initiatives that involve significant complexity and require deep OD expertise, including the ability to consult, coach, and influence senior executives, lead complex business initiatives, and collaboratively partner at all levels to:
- Identify and evaluate gaps between “current” and “future” performance to develop business-focused solutions that sustainably improve enterprise-wide effectiveness.
- Develop strategies for optimizing people, processes, systems, and culture to accelerate business performance.
- Design and implement change and transition strategies to enable business growth.
Leadership: This role works closely with TWDC Segment OD and business leaders to develop and sustain a high-performing community of OD practitioners with the critical capabilities needed to successfully deliver against business priorities and initiatives within TWDC, including:
- Providing business consultancy and support to identify, prioritize, and execute world-class talent strategies.
- Promoting an inclusive culture where team members can leverage their unique talents in an environment that values creativity and independent thought.
- Adopting leading-edge practices to continuously develop and enhance individual and team effectiveness while developing a global knowledge management repository of tools, templates, and reference materials.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Strong commercial acumen with a natural curiosity to understand the business.
- Understands the cause-and-effect relationships between business priorities, organizational design, and talent strategy.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, including the gravitas to support senior-level business executives.
- Strategic and global mindset with a high degree of organizational savvy and the ability to build effective relationships across a wide range of cultures, personalities, backgrounds, and skill sets.
- Systems thinker; able to thrive in an environment of ambiguity while guiding stakeholders through a shared decision making process, reconciling disparate perspectives to develop cohesive strategies.
- Results-oriented with a high sense of urgency, able to focus on critical issues while balancing competing priorities.
- Ability to develop and grow teams to produce quality results within challenging timeframes and ongoing change.
- Embraces teamwork and shares ideas/approaches to improve performance.
- Confident and effective communicator, able to articulate complex ideas in simple terms.
- Operates with integrity at all times.
- Strong leadership experience leading large-scale business transformations, from inception through completion, which cut across multiple business units, geographies, teams and HR partners.
- Advanced understanding of OD with the ability to adapt traditional approaches to meet stakeholder needs.
- Significant experience leading and developing professionals in a combination of General HR, Strategy Development, Organization Design, Leadership Development, Workforce Planning, Workforce Research, Change Management or related disciplines.
- BA/BS degree in HR, Industrial/Org Psychology, Organization Development or related field
- MBA or Master’s degree in HR, Industrial/Org Psychology, Organization Development or related field
Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.