VP, Creative Development
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Featuring exclusive original movies, series, short-form and live events and a vibrant catalogue that spans classic Disney Animation to the most recent movie releases available to stream on demand, the Disney Direct-To-Consumer (DTC) service will be a global, premium entertainment destination that connects viewers to the great stories of The Walt Disney Company. We’re looking for talented team-player specialists with an entrepreneurial spirit, who thrive upon the incomparable legacy of our company yet embrace unconventional thinking, and who are passionate about contributing to The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer experience through strategic hard-work and determination.
We are seeking an experienced film and television executive for the Vice President, Development position. This individual will represent Disney DTC in the support of all aspects of scripted development including creative, production and execution matters. Collaborating with content studios across all segments of The Walt Disney Company, he/she will play a critical role in the overall creative approach for original programming for Disney DTC. The ideal candidate will have experience in a comparable position shepherding Development for both movie and television programming for SVOD platforms.
- Oversee the creative strategy to grow unique, compelling and brand-appropriate content for Disney DTC through the development and current production of multiple scripted series and movies
- Partner with development teams across TWDC segments, to track, solicit, evaluate, procure, develop and oversee the production of scripted programming from pitch to pilot
- Partner with studio and production executives across TWDC segments to proactively problem-solve and resolve crisis production issues
- Identify, develop and maintain relationships with talent (writers, producers, directors, actors, authors, filmmakers, playwrights), identifying the creators and show runners of tomorrow and actively pursuing business with them
- Act as creative liaison between Disney DTC and the creative community, fielding pitches from outside producers, talent agencies, studios and independent production companies
- Work closely with internal team members in business affairs, scheduling and finance to set Disney DTC’s content strategy, financial plan, and programming calendar
- Partner with marketing executives across TWDC segments and BAMTech on launches, stunts, press, marketing and general programming needs
- Lead and mentor junior team members and manage an administrative assistant
- Provide general creative counsel in a rapidly changing consumer environment
- 10+ years development and/or producing experience
- Exceptional taste and insight into the fostering successful creative experiences matched with ability to forecast, be “on the pulse” of social media and consumer demand
- Strategic command of managing a portfolio of content with a demonstrated track record of developing buzzworthy content to generate maximum viewership
- Deep insight into The Walt Disney Company segments, brands and franchises and the qualities that define them
- Demonstrated knowledge of the scripted production process
- Established professional network and reputation as a smart doer within the film and TV industry
- Strong leadership, organizational skills and emotionally intelligent communicator with a vision
- Proven ability to work across a matrixed organization while also able to self-motivate
- Familiarity with production budgets, knowledge related to unions and guilds, development and talent deals, IP acquisitions, contingent compensation structures, and agency package arrangements
Company Overview At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view. Additional Information
- This position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.