Talent Development and Diversity Graduate Intern, Summer/Fall 2018
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you’ve learned in the classroom through real-world hands-on work experience. Now imagine yourself in a Professional Internship with Disney Corporate. With your extraordinary talents, our renowned legacy and the promise of an even brighter future unite, just imagine the stories you could be part of!
Our team is responsible for developing the future leaders of The Walt Disney Company. We are passionate about our role in making a strategic impact on the future of leadership, learning, performance management and diversity for our 6,000 Corporate employees worldwide. We remain on the cutting edge of Human Resources and value new opportunities to continue advancing our thinking.
ResponsibilitiesA Day in the Life:
You will collaborate with team members and clients in determining the strategy, vision and execution of various initiatives in learning, diversity, inclusion, performance management, organizational development and leadership development. This is NOT the kind of internship where you will be asked to get the coffee, our graduate associates make a real impact on the success of our team.
No day ever looks the same, there is always something fun and exciting to get into. On Monday you may be supporting the roll-out of a new mentoring program. On Tuesday you may find yourself leading a focus group to better understand team dynamics. On Wednesday you may be supporting an employee-led diversity event. On Thursday you may be collecting information about high potential talent. On Friday you may be creating a business case for executive coaching in PowerPoint. Basic Qualifications
- Experience with Human Resources, Leadership Development, Diversity & Inclusion and/or Organizational Development
- Ability to be proactive, work independently and meet deadlines
- Highly competent in using PowerPoint to share data, tell stories and influence a broad audience
- Skilled at managing various stakeholders and balancing multiple priorities and expectations
- Development and/or facilitation of learning programs
- Technical skills in developing and editing video
- Project management experience
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- Currently pursuing an M.B.A., M.A. or Ph.D. in Human Resources, Leadership, Organizational Behavior or Organizational Development
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.
- The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 through early January 2019
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours, approximately 40 per week, for the duration of the internship
- Able to provide own housing and transportation in the Burbank area
- Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be at least 18 years of age