Strategic Planning & Communications Intern, Corporate - Sum/Fall 2018
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you’ve learned in the classroom through real-world hands-on work experience. Now imagine yourself in a Professional Internship with Disney Corporate. When your extraordinary talents, our renowned legacy and the promise of an even brighter future unite, just imagine the stories you could be part of!
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
Security is a key pillar of The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) and the Global Security team continuously strives to improve and advance the security, safety and emergency preparedness of the Company through a number of key efforts, including employee awareness, outreach, and training opportunities.
The Global Security Strategic Planning & Communications team is responsible for managing the departmental strategic initiatives as set by the executive leadership team, as well as all departmental communications needs, including executive and inter-departmental communications, marketing of Global Security services to the Company, and TWDC’s global employee awareness program, Community Watch (CW). ResponsibilitiesA Day in the Life…
Develop and execute project plans, marketing campaigns, and employee events alongside the Global Security Strategic Planning & Communications team. Use your keen eye for detail and project management skills to develop clear, concise, and comprehensive deliverables for key stakeholders across TWDC. Contribute creative ideas and lead them to fruition in order to improve efficiencies and proactively solve problems. Basic QualificationsWhat we are looking for…
- Project coordination and support for strategic planning initiatives and creative contributor to internal marketing campaigns, including researching trends, planning events, and designing project plans.
- Experience managing projects with multiple stakeholders and personal examples of successful processes or documents used to aid project management.
- Experience working in a professional environment, preferably a large company.
- Event planning or coordination experience.
- Exposure to and understanding of basic scheduling and budgeting.
- Proven ability to manage through conflict, complexity, and to problem-solve issues to resolution.
- Ability to take direction, work independently, multitask, and adapt to change.
- Professional-level verbal and written communication skills.
- Keen eye for details is a must.
- Knowledge of Microsoft products (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Working knowledge of WordPress or similar content management system
- Experience or interest in a variety of writing styles and formats
- Experience or interest in business strategy/strategy development
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program.
- Currently pursuing or recently graduated with an undergraduate degree in Communications, Event Planning, Project Management, Public Relations or a closely related field.
Company Overview The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world. Additional Information
- The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 through early January 2019.
- Candidate must be available to work part time hours (approximately 29 hours per week) for the duration of the internship. *At least 3 full days of availability preferred.
- Able to provide own housing and transportation to the Burbank, CA area
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Candidates may be asked to submit writing sample.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.