Strategic Initiatives & Comms Manager (Project Hire)
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Global Security is responsible for protecting the people, properties, assets, information and brand of the Walt Disney Company and all of its owned companies. The Strategy and Awareness team is responsible for driving and managing the larger Global Security strategy and key initiatives; managing all Global Security communications, including the global employee security awareness program, Community Watch; internal GS communications; and internal TWDC communications intended to market GS services and teams.
ResponsibilitiesThe Project Hire, Strategic Initiatives and Communications Manager will be responsible for leading the implementation and project management of key Global Security strategic initiatives with departmental or company-wide impact to help drive our three-year strategy, including establishing and leading a cross-functional working group to develop a global strategy for employee training and education, and the creation of a security talent development program in partnership with HR. This individual will also be responsible for supporting the Strategic Planning and Communications manager in driving several other key initiatives, as well as all internal, executive and marketing communications for Global Security.
- Establish and lead the Global Security Employee Training Strategy cross-functional working group to capture best practices in global training, define GS standards around training for all employees (frequency, compliance, and format); and develop a collective strategy to expand our reach and effectiveness.
- Create a formal security talent development program in partnership with HR and Learning and Development to create specific skills development and experience opportunities for GS employees specific to the department’s needs.
- Support the Senior Manager, Strategic Planning and Communications in executing the Global Security Communications Plan, including the marketing of Global Security services globally across internal platforms; all internal communications within Global Security, including (but not limited to) the design, development and management of the GS website; the bi-monthly creation and distribution of the GS newsletter and the planning and execution of the annual executive Town Hall.
- Provide project management and execution support the Senior Manager, Strategic Planning and Communications for all other departmental strategic initiatives, including the risk assessment implementation, budget process improvement, global operational standards development, and WDPR specific projects.
- Drives project goals to achieve key milestones and objectives of strategic initiatives in support of the larger strategic goals with departmental or company-wide impact in collaboration with senior executives and other key GS partners.
- Applies in-depth knowledge of communications strategies and solutions to help design and promote unique, tailored communications solutions to better promote the use of security services across the company.
- Negotiates and communicates directly with senior levels within Global Security and other key stakeholders (HR, Legal, Communications, Business Leaders) to bring teams to consensus on opportunities for improved quality, efficiency and effectiveness of security services delivery.
- Acts as a liason to senior levels across the business segments and international regions to guide, persuade and influence others to support and facilitate the strategic objectives of the Global Security team.
- 5-7 years experience, with 3-5 years specific project management experience and at least two years of communications experience.
- Extensive project management experience involving complex projects with company-wide impact with multiple critical milestones and stakeholders.
- Experience in a communications role (corporate, internal or leading a communications function)
- Previous responsibility determining the strategy for a program or major program goal or working on efforts of strategic importance.
- Excellent communicator – both written and oral with the ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels (entry to executive).
- Extremely organized with intense attention to detail.
- Experience working in a corporate environment, preferable one with multiple lines of business and an international presence.
- Comfortable in a small team atmosphere where no task is too minor at any level.
- Ability to have difficult conversations and be persuasive with partners at all levels. Proven ability to bring teams to consensus on unpopular or challenging issues.
- Shows good judgment in dealing with difficult and unfamiliar tasks.
- Sense of humor is essential, and yet must always be a consummate professional.
- Ability to work independently, to take initiative, and to function effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to translate strategy into a tactical plan with achievable and measurable outcomes.
- Naturally creative with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to efficiently juggle a number of complex, multifaceted projects simultaneously under deadline.
- Able to travel (15% of the time) and work night/weekend hours when necessary.
- Familar with the Adobe creative suite (Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) and basic HTML.
- Experience building and managing a complex budget
- Experience working directly with senior executives or C-Suite leaders
- Experience developing a major program or organizational strategy
- Experience working in internationally or with international partners on long-term local projects or ongoing work.
- Previous experience managing or leading a communications program or function.
- Experience working internationally or in a multi-cultural environment
- Strong computer and web literacy, including experience with new media technologies and online social marketing
- Foreign languages a plus
- Experience in graphic design
- PMP preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, PR, journalism, English or a related field.
- Advanced degree in a related field.
At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view. Additional InformationThe ideal candidate is a fundamental go-getter with both left and right brain tendencies, aka both incredibly organized and a creative thinker. He/she must have the ability to work independently with very little direction, as well as be a proactive, a problem solver and show strong initiative for high quality execution. He/she has a strong work ethic and thrives in a hard-working yet casual, fast-paced environment. He/she must be flexible and demonstrate a keen ability to connect with individuals from different cultures and industries. He/she is a consummate professional who takes pride in his/her work and personal presentation.
This position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.