Sr User Experience Architect
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Enterprise Technology is responsible for technology strategy and management, central engineering, architecture, IT and technical operations for The Walt Disney Company. The Enterprise Technology Digital Media Agency helps TWDC segments and business units build, maintain, and operate digital media properties by partnering in all phases of development (strategy through launch and operations). By providing a wide range of consulting services throughout the product lifecycle, we guide business units through the relevant TWDC standards, requirements, and compliance processes, ensuring best practices are followed. Our services include: business strategy/analysis, project management, requirements development, RFP/vendor selection, SOW/contract best practices, creative/user experience, technology consulting, solution evaluation/selection, hosting evaluation/selection, security best practices, Web analytics, SEO, once engaged we continue working with the customer for the life of the product.
The Senior User Experience Architect will contribute to a wide variety of digital media projects, spanning a diverse array of customers, businesses, and content, for interactive and dynamic enterprise-level business solutions. Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain positive relationships and work collaboratively with team colleagues and internal/external partners by providing UX project support that helps customers meet their business goals
- Maintain regular contact with all team members on project and task status through clear and timely communication and documentation
- Generate and execute strategies, ideas and designs that meet existing brand and style guidelines, while marrying business, guest and team needs that support developed goals.
- Create detailed design solutions using approved applications with a strong emphasis on user-centered design principles, excellent visual design skills and great attention to detail, while displaying proven creative expertise in interaction with Web and mobile applications.
- Plan and perform different types of UX interface design, research, evaluation and usability testing. Interpret and present the results of analysis so clients can understand the results and how it applies to their project.
- Evaluate interactive compliance with accessibility standards, and recommend/implement solutions to achieve compliance where appropriate.
- This could be in the form of documentation, presentations or designing a client friendly guide to support the client’s needs
- Gather and document within approved team documentation systems (e.g. Confluence) best practices, standards, lessons learned and apply to future projects. Identify and articulate ideas for new/revised best practices and standards, and seek review/approval from Manager, User Experience.
- Work with both technical and development leads to provide UX information and examples in support of technical task execution through regular timely communications. This could be in the form of a detailed wireframe or annotated prototype.
- Attendance of all required meetings as it relates to the UX team, client needs and project meetings either in person or through remote means. Applying good judgment for priority conflicts and work with
- relevant team members to reschedule other meetings as needed, or escalate in cases where priorities are not clear
- Perform all assigned tasks within communicated timeframes and budgeted hours, or communicate to Manager, User Experience when complications arise
- Adherence to all team policies in regards to workflow and communication (e.g.: Out of office, project statuses, timesheet entries, etc.)
- As with any position, this role will require the individual to continually evolve within the field of User Experience; responsibilities and tasks might change as the team evolves to meet client demands.
- 3+ years experience with HTML 5 and CSS3, responsive design, and mobile first design
- 3+ years experience with design concepts compatible with open source common CMS platforms such as SharePoint and WordPress
- 3+ years of working with usability testing methods, Axure Pro, SketchApp, InVision, Adobe Creative Cloud, OmniGraffle
- Mastery of UX Design Principles and Interaction deliverables including rapid prototyping, site maps, concept diagrams, user personas, user scenarios, wireframes, flows, site inventory, template guidelines and annotated comps
- A strong design portfolio of consistent clean visuals designs, graphics, and layouts for web and mobile applications that demonstrate a mastery of color, layout and typography
- Familiarity with cross-browser testing, alternate style sheets
- Ability to anticipate and design for user needs by incorporating research, strategy and analytics
- Working knowledge of accessibility testing techniques and best practices
- Ability to generate creative ideas and express them in a variety of different ways, be it a whiteboard, rapid prototypes,
- simulations, wireframes, or sticky notes
- Must be able to adapt to rapidly shifting priorities in fast-paced environment
- Experience in a complex, large-company environment
- Knowledge of interactive development life cycles, web technologies, web development and design processes
- Self-starter with high level of initiative; strong sense of ownership and urgency
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization including technical and non-technical individuals and internal and external audiences
- Experience with designing and evolving strategy and process in support of delivering UX services.
- Working knowledge of Atlassian Confluence wiki documentation system
- Working knowledge of Atlassian Jira project and issue tracking software
- Familiarity with Web infrastructure design concepts
- Familiarity with information architecture/design
- Development or Web production experience
- Experience with Web analytics tools such as Omniture
- Experience with different type of project user flows
- Bachelor's degree in Human factors, HCI, UX Design, Information Sciences, Interactive/Web Design or a related field
- Master's degree in Human factors, HCI, UX Design, Information Sciences, Interactive/Web Design or a related field
Company Overview At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view. Additional Information
- This position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.