Senior Project Mgr - Global Security & Apps (Project Hire)
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Global Security is responsible for protecting the people, properties, assets, information and brand of the Walt Disney Company and all of its owned companies. The Strategy and Awareness team is responsible for driving and managing the larger Global Security strategy and key initiatives; managing all Global Security communications, including the global employee security awareness program, Community Watch; internal GS communications; and internal TWDC communications intended to market GS services and teams.
ResponsibilitiesGlobal Security is looking for a Senior Project Manager, Global Security Platforms and Applications to lead the development of a mobile application for reporting security incidents and requesting security services. The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for driving the design and development and/or procurement of a mobile incident reporting and service request application. In addition, the individual will be responsible for serving as the website support manager responsible for addressing all technical issues reported by users of any Global Security website, including acting as the liaison and interface between Global Security and various internal IT (DTSS) teams and third-party vendors. Basic Qualifications
- 5-7 years experience
- Project management experience involving multiple stakeholders across a matrixed organization.
- Previous responsibility determining the strategy for a program or major program goal.
- Experience working in internationally or with international partners on long-term local projects or ongoing work.
- Experience working internationally or in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent communicator – both written and oral with the ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels (entry to executive).
- Extremely organized with intense attention to detail.
- Experience working in a corporate environment, preferable one with multiple lines of business and an international presence.
- Comfortable in a small team atmosphere where no task is too minor at any level.
- Ability to have difficult conversations and be persuasive with partners at all levels.
- Shows good judgment in dealing with difficult and new tasks.
- Sense of humor is essential, and yet must always be a consummate professional.
- Ability to work independently, to take initiative, and to function effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to translate strategy into a tactical plan with achievable and measurable outcomes.
- Naturally creative with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to efficiently juggle a number of complex, multifaceted projects simultaneously under deadline.
- Able to travel (15% of the time) and work night/weekend hours when necessary.
- Familiar with the Adobe creative suite (Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) and basic HTML.
- Experience building and managing a complex budget
- Experience working directly with senior executives or C-Suite leaders
- Experience developing a major program or organizational strategy.
- Strong computer and web literacy, including experience with new media technologies and online social marketing
- Foreign languages a plus
- Experience in graphic design.
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, PR, journalism, English or a related field.
At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view.
Additional InformationThis position requires strong project management skills and the ability to connect with and lead a wide variety of project constituents with different technical requirements. This role will require a penchant for identifying effective and efficient technical workflows that support business workflows with a high focus on customer service. The individual must be able to speak comfortably with technical experts while simultaneously being able to translate issues and requirements to non-technical professionals.
This position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.