Senior Product Integrity Engineer
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Product Integrity Engineer provides consumer product safety and reliability engineering expertise and product safety consultation to Disney Business Units and Disney licensees. Responsibilities
- Perform safety/reliability product reviews and assign appropriate Product Guidelines and special instructions for compliance testing.
- Review Product packaging for language content/safety and regulatory issues.
- Provide disposition of testing results and communicate same to affected parties.
- Notify merchants and vendors of upcoming significant regulatory changes or Product Guideline revisions.
- Communicate with testing laboratories and suppliers/licensees to ensure clarity of test requirements and appropriate testing is performed.
- Maintain and update Disney Technical Product specifications, as required.
- Communicating internationally to buying teams on non-compliance and design considerations from a safety standpoint.
- Provide vendor training on Product Integrity processes, regulations and design requirements
- Support Guest Services and Risk Management teams to resolve Guest feedback. Tracks any trends in Guest feedback.
- Maintain effective work relationships by partnering with assigned merchants. Sourcing groups and Buyers, worldwide, to ensure a high quality and safe product is delivered on time
- Act as a technical resource and safety consultant to various stakeholders including Sourcing Buying Groups, Buyers and licensees regarding appropriate statutory, regulatory, and Disney product safety requirements for specific types of merchandise
- Provide education to Product/Brand Management, and other groups as needed on product safety regulations and trends in regulations, and standards for the global marketplace
- Works with management to develop and maintain department’s standard operating procedures and technical databases
- Minimum 5+ years in a consumer product compliance role as an Engineer.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Must be able to communicate technical topics to nontechnical roles effectively.
- Working knowledge of consumer product regulations in the US, Canada, EU and LATAM is required.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects at once.
- Experience in the regulatory fields relating to consumer product manufacturing safety and quality.
- Proficient with MS Outlook, Excel, Word, and SharePoint applications is necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Industrial or Electrical Engineering.
- Master’s Degree is preferred.
At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.