Senior Manager, Security Operations
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Reporting directly to the Regional Security Director of Corporate and West Coast Security Operations, the New Initiatives and Special Events Senior Manager serves as a strategist for West Coast Security Operations. Expectations of this strategic-planning position include extensive analysis, oversight and advancement of strategic direction and implementation of new initiatives to support operational performance. Utilizing this approach this position will also be accountable for the development and successful implementation of key corporate company events. Interacting with Global Security partners and key stakeholders this position will utilize robust analytical and communication skills along with professional credibility to scrutinize critical assumptions and develop core programs, policy, guidelines and technology to align with Global Security’s vision. Overall, the chief role of this position is to maximize security capabilities and drive long-term performance and effectiveness.
- Develop an elevated and cohesive strategic process that goes beyond the simple aggregation of independent operational strategies.
- Use fact-based analysis and best practice benchmarking to proactively spot industry shifts as a foundation for clear, differentiated strategies.
- Direct documentation and ongoing review and update process for procedural and process guidelines and standards.
- Partner with security operations leadership in frequent strategic dialogue including engaging focus groups to identify operational opportunities.
- Scrutinize critical assumptions and review strategy on an ongoing basis and effectively communicate course correction to drive operational capabilities and performance.
- Conduct and maintain a root and branch strategic review to identify gaps, training opportunities and strengthen process development.
- Deliver successful new initiatives through robust project management skills and by creating collaboration and synergy with key stakeholders.
- Develop and implement comprehensive security plans for corporate company events by effectively utilizing Global Security resources and successfully collaborating with key company stakeholders, external sources and law enforcement.
- Develop and run training programs on core skills to emphasize direct experience and ownership of security operations front line workforce to increase the team’s relevance and expertise.
- Partner with internal and external intelligence teams to consistently analyze the landscape to gain a clear perspective on required risk mitigation measures.
- Create operational value by identifying external trends and patterns to assist department in change management and operational course correction shifts.
- Oversee ongoing operational audit process to measure workforce performance and identify training opportunities.
- Identify technology to analyze key performance indicators to advance performance.
- Report on security program compliance and progress to respective business leaders in coordination with key business partners.
- Utilize strategic resource allocation through prioritization during annual operating plan process and provide a continual review process to monitor approved budget.
- Ten or more years of experience in position of increasing responsibility within security field including five years of experience leading a comparable sized organization and staff at a rapid growth multi-national corporation.
- Must be a strategic thinker capable of communicating to all levels of the organization as well as externally to suppliers and partners.
- Must be able to establish credibility as a business partner respected by client-base with proven ability to gain buy in from teams.
- A self-starter who is organized, intuitive and a collaborative problem-solver with the ability to be effective in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Protective security training and experience preferred.
- Entertainment industry experience preferred.
- Strong financial acumen and analytical ability to identify and assess exposure to loss, and to examine alternative risk control techniques.
- Builds trust and instills self-confidence through mutual respect and ongoing communication.
- Demonstrated track record in dealing with the effective communication of complex organizational and human resource issues.
- Capable of handling multiple and complex situations.
- Entertainment industry experience preferred.
- Certified Protection Professional – C.P.P. preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or international equivalent in an area of study relevant to this position or at least ten years of experience in private sector corporate security or a related public sector organization.
- Graduate degree preferred.
At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view.
Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.