Senior Financial Accounting Analyst
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Enterprise Financial Services Programming Center of Excellence supports all of The Walt Disney Company’s broadcast, cable and TV production businesses. This department has responsibility to account for the programming costs for over 100 hundred channels across our ABC, Freeform and Disney Channels Worldwide businesses and for the financial statements of various TV production studios, including ABC Studios, Disney TV Animation and Lucas TV Animation. This part of the team will be responsible for managing the costs of DATG’s Animation production businesses, Non-Scripted (Reality) programming such as The Chew, as well as original content for Freeform.
The purpose of this job is to help manage the $100m+ of programming costs for Television Animation studios (such as Star Wars Rebels), Non-Scripted / Reality TV programming (such as The Chew), and original content produced by Freeform (such as The Fosters). These businesses produce hundreds of hours of new TV content each year and this role will be responsible for the day to day accounting and reporting activity for the programming costs. The key objectives that this job needs to deliver include payments of day to day expenses in running the businesses and supporting the production processes, allocation of the overhead and other applicable costs to the various show production cost, management of the amortization for the shows over their useful accounting life which requires complex calculations using the Ultimates, and provision of key reporting and analytics to provide insight in to asset and liability balances and P&L variance analysis at quarter close. Responsibilities
- Support monthly and quarterly close processes as needed including preparing journal entries, analyze and review account balances, handle audit requests, prepare quarterly close deliverable schedules including account reconciliations, support tax reporting requirements, refine and maintain cash flow models in support of tax and FP&A reporting requirements, and eliminate intercompany transactions between production and broadcast businesses.
- Responsible for the day-to-day general ledger and reporting activities for TV Animation and Reality TV shows in accordance with company accounting policies and procedures, partnering with BA / Legal to get copies of all original reality development and programming contracts and then preparing payment schedules based on contractual terms and monitoring of milestones triggering, ensure appropriate approvals are obtained prior to making payments, and make payments in support of day to day operations of all TV production businesses (encompasses ABC Daytime, ABC Studios, Greengrass (a division of ABC Entertainment), Disney TV Animation and Lucas TV Animation)
- Help provide ad hoc analysis as needed, identify and implement process improvements, achieve efficiencies.
- At least 3 years working in an accounting environment
- Strong excel skills with ability to extract data, use pivot tables and leverage macros
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Positive can do attitude and supportive of change management initiatives
- Experience with handling inter-company transactions including profit eliminations
- Knowledge of SAP general ledger and projects functionality desired
- Familiarity with Film and TV Production Accounting software and accounting processes preferred
- Undergraduate Degree
Company Overview At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view. Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.