Senior Financial Accounting Analyst
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Enterprise Financial Services Programming Center of Excellence supports all of The Walt Disney Company’s broadcast and cable businesses. This department has responsibility to account for the programming costs for over 100 hundred channels across our ABC, Freeform and Disney Channels Worldwide businesses. This part of the team will be focused on the Disney Channel and Freeform networks in the US and will manage their commitments and payments to suppliers as well as the amortization of expenses. These range from third party shows such as the Harry Potter Films and Pretty Little Liars as well as internally produced content such as Girl Meets World and The Descendants.
The purpose of this job is to have day to day responsibility of managing programming assets and liabilities for the DC, Dis Jr., DXD and Freeform networks in the US. These channels produce and license rights to dozens of different Films and TV shows. The key objectives that this job needs to deliver include compliance with accounting standards for program expense recognition, timely payment of our commitments to suppliers, and provision of advanced analytics to identify P&L variance analysis for programming expenses and insights in to the programming assets/liabilities and commitments. There is a plan to implement a new third party computer system to manage/support a lot of the deliverables of the team so this position will be a key day to day user of the system so will be instrumental in helping to development system applications.
- Program Amortization – oversight of the amortization for all of Disney Channel acquired programming which will include the allocation of any of these expenses to the international channels
- Program payments – ensure that payments are made on a timely basis for all of the shows
- Original Production costs – partner with Cable Production Finance to manage the costs for producing content for Disney Channel, Disney Junior and Disney XD.
- Quarter close reporting and analysis – leverage team to complete all deliverables needed to support the quarter close including variance analysis, account analysis and Tax related deliverables
- At least 3 years working in an accounting environment
- Strong excel skills with ability to extract data, use pivot tables and leverage macros
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Positive can do attitude and supportive of change management initiatives
- Familiarity with use of SAP GL and projects functionality and TM1 reporting solutions
- Strong interest in TV business
- Undergraduate Degree
Company Overview At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view. Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.