Senior Analyst, Corporate Brand Development (Project Hire)
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Corporate Brand Development (CBD) works across The Walt Disney Company to maximize the economic value of our brands, franchises and customer relationships. CBD partners the leaders of our international markets to build consumer insights that inform brand development and business plans for The Walt Disney Company. In addition CBD supports the Corporate Strategy group in harnessing consumer insights, consumer trends and understanding of brand drivers to inform strategic decisions, including acquisitions, new businesses and business model changes.
CBD aligns the various parts of the company around common strategies so that we achieve business growth through strong brands and consumer value propositions. Through consumer spend studies, CBD builds understanding of the economic drivers of our brands in local markets. In the process, we partner with those markets to build consumer insights and to develop brand development plans for Disney and Marvel. CBD also supports the Corporate Strategy & Business Development function through additional projects that harness consumer insights and understanding of brand drivers to build strategies driving shareholder value. These include anticipating evolving consumer entertainment behaviors and subsequently evaluating new business opportunities and acquisitions through the consumer brand lens.
The team works in a consultative manner with key executives across Disney, Marvel, ESPN, and ABC to:
- Identify strategic brand and consumer issues to guide strategy/product development
- Build deep consumer behavioral insights – how consumers are spending time and money, how they use technology, and what their perspectives are – to shape growth and marketing strategy
- Nurture consumer-driven business development and overall company growth strategies
An Analyst of Brand Development is responsible for performing project analytics and helping the team shape insights, along with supporting the team to prepare the documents communicating our strategic recommendations to senior executives. As the key analytic resource on a wide variety of high profile cross-company projects, the Analyst prepares the data that drives decision-making processes at the highest levels of The Walt Disney Company. Responsibilities
- Run data pulls and analyses from consumer research data, using SPSS statistical software to create slides
- Synthesize consumer research into PowerPoint presentations to communicate findings/recommendations to company executives
- Build and run Excel-based financial models to analyze growth strategies/scenarios
- Assist Managers and Sr. Managers in team in day-to-day project management of research vendors, internal clients, handle ad hoc data requests, etc.)
- Execute and analyze complicated and sophisticated consumer research studies and help the team craft brand growth strategies based on consumer learnings
- Conduct analyses to identify and anticipate other issues/opportunities for TWDC brands, products and customers; contribute strategic recommendations based on findings
- Develop deep customer insights to support key strategies to drive shareholder value (e.g. digital distribution, cross-platform engagement strategies, acquisitions)
- 0-3 years’ experience with a relevant undergraduate internship
- Strong analytic skills, with experience crystallizing key insights from complex and disparate data sources
- Strong strategic and analytic skills, including comfort working with and distilling key insights from large amounts of disparate data
- Experience in quantitative analysis in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong relationship and communication skills due to the need to work collaboratively with multiple internal and external partners
- An exceptional sense of brand and consumer strategy, and how core brand/consumer strategies tie directly to economic results
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- 0-2 years’ experience in brand/strategy development with a major brand, a management or brand consulting firm, or research agency
- Entertainment experience (helpful but not required)
- Experience with consumer research
- SPSS (or SAS, R, STATA or similar)
- Bachelor's Degree from a top tier school and strong academic aptitude
- Bachelor's/Advanced degree in Business/Marketing/Strategy/Economics
Company Overview At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view. Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.