Real Estate Controls Internship, Corporate- Summer 2018
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you’ve learned in the classroom through real-world hands-on work experience. Now imagine yourself in a Professional Internship with Disney Corporate. With your extraordinary talents, our renowned legacy and the promise of an even brighter future unite, just imagine the stories you could be part of!
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
The position is within the Controls department of Corporate Real Estate. This group works closely with project management in financial management and construction accounting of all real estate-related capital.
ResponsibilitiesA Day in the Life…
- Support for the set-up and maintenance of project Development Cost Reporting
- Tracking of contract commitments and invoice documentation for project costs
- Assist with monitoring of financial projects
- Other responsibilities related to real estate project finance may be added as needed
Basic QualificationsWhat we are looking for…
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Strong analytical skills
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work without close-supervision
- MS Excel (intermediate to advanced)
- An interest in learning about the financial management of real estate-related projects
- Strong computer and technical skills
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- Graduating senior (or recently graduated) with a degree in finance, accounting or other business related field
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- GPA of 3.3 or higher
- Working toward a degree in accounting, finance, or economics
- Experience or academic coursework in the following fields is preferred:
- Real estate finance
- Construction accounting
- Real estate development
- Project management
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
This position is with Disney Fin Srvces, LLC, an equal opportunity employer.
- Must be enrolled in a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from May/June through August 2018.
- Required Materials: Resume and transcripts must be uploaded at time of online application.
- Housing: Interns must provide their own housing for the duration of their internship program.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.