Principal Counsel (Litigation)
The successful candidate for this Principal Counsel position will support the Company’s Deputy General Counsel for litigation in a broad variety of matters and counseling worldwide.
- Represent the Company directly and supervise outside counsel in dispute resolution of commercial, intellectual property, antitrust, employment, personal injury, and environmental matters.
- Conduct sensitive internal investigations.
- Respond to subpoenas and other routine legal documents.
- Counsel on compliance with federal, state, local and international laws and regulations.
- Coordinate with other areas of the legal department in counseling on contractual, competition, and risk management issues and contribute to negotiation and drafting of agreements across the Company’s businesses.
- Manage techniques increasing the quality and efficiency of legal services.
- Minimum of seven years of relevant experience in a law firm or corporate legal department or a combination.
- First-rate judgment.
- Ability to spot and analyze complex issues and devise practical strategies and solutions.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior drafting and negotiating skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with co-workers at all levels.
- Superior organizational skills to prioritize and handle a high volume of work with minimal supervision.
- Admitted or eligible for admission to practice in California.
- JD Required
Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.