Manager, Wireless Strategy & Architecture
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Technology has always been a core component of Disney’s heritage, from the first multi-plane cameras used to film Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, to lifelike robots used in numerous theme park attractions, to MagicBands and on-demand digital content distribution. As our Cast Members and Guests come to expect increasingly available mobile connectivity, we are growing our Wireless Network Services team as part of Disney Enterprise Technology. Enterprise Technology delivers technology services for major Disney brands such as ESPN, ABC, Marvel, Parks & Resorts, and more. We are looking for a seasoned Wireless Strategy and Architecture Manager who will be responsible for wireless network service management, technology strategy, design, and engineering across the Walt Disney Family of companies.
The person in this role must be highly talented and collaborative, and will be responsible for defining wireless service strategy, managing service lifecycle and technology roadmaps, and managing the wireless service catalog. This position will also be responsible for service level management, including the setting of wireless service level targets and establishing service dashboards. This position will manage a team of wireless architects responsible for wireless technology architecture, technology footprint, design and configuration standards, and continuous improvement.
The Wireless Strategy and Architecture Manager will lead a team that provides expert consulting and guidance for business needs assessment and estimation, solution design, solution automation, and resolution of advanced and persistent issues. They may also participate on and lead selected projects and work with external vendors and internally with other Operations teams, IT Architecture teams and different Business Units. This leader will interface with peers across the company in the development of service strategies and technology designs. This position will be a role within the Wireless Network Services team and take direction from the Director of Wireless Network Services. The wireless network infrastructure includes wireless access points, antennas, controllers, and cabling.
- Understand business strategy/direction and develop service strategies and solutions to meet business needs
- Develop and maintain the service strategy for wireless network services
- Manage the service lifecycle and technology roadmaps for wireless services
- Define service level targets and develop service level management processes including service dashboards
- Manage the wireless network service catalog
- Define architecture and standards for wireless access points, antennas, cabling, and controllers across the enterprise
- Determine business requirements and develop estimates and proposals for solutions
- Work with vendors to understand technology trends, product lifecycles, and emerging technologies and capabilities
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives and identify improvement opportunities
- Stay up to date on emerging wireless technologies and/or trends
- Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience managing wireless networks in a very large enterprise environment (20,000+ devices)
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a large enterprise technology leadership role
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with technology service management processes in a large enterprise organization
- Ability to collaboratively lead effective teams of exempt-level technical experts
- Expert understanding of ITSM with a focus on service strategy and service design
- Ability to formulate framework for service level management, including service metrics and KPI’s
- Ability to develop and implement service dashboards
- Experience defining service catalogs for complex IT services
- Familiar with setting technology strategy and managing technology roadmaps
- Familiar with IT service finances, including service cost modeling, forecasting, and recovery
- Strong team leadership skills, able to lead highly performing teams of senior network architects
- Expert communication skills including documentation and executive presentations
- Ability to build consensus among internal and external stakeholders
Company Overview At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view. Additional Information
- This position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.