Manager, Legal Administrative Support
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Corporate Legal Department is looking for a Manager, Legal Administrative Support to manage aspects of the Disney Legal administrative assistant’s services to ensure Legal executives receive the highest degree of service and the administrative assistant population is effectively and efficiently utilized throughout the department. The position will focus on creating a collaborative administrative assistant environment that includes, but is not limited to: partnering with Legal Operations and Human Resources to develop a growth and development strategy as it relates to Standards & Procedures, Knowledge Management, and Professional Development; assessing and delivering ongoing recommendations for the appropriate administrative assistant support through the department; ensuring appropriate technologies are adopted and implemented as it relates to the overall administrative assistant strategy; and assessing and delivering recommendations for deployment of Administrative Development Program throughout Disney Enterprise Legal. ResponsibilitiesDevelop a Corporate Legal administrative assistant growth and development strategy as it relates to Standards & Procedures, Knowledge Management, and Professional Development (35%)
- Lead the Administrative Development Program and Committee to support the development and execution of the strategy.
- Partner with Legal Executives to understand practice group and individual executive administrative support requirements.
- In partnership with Head of Global Legal Operations and Human Resources, identify core competencies required of all Corporate Legal administrative staff, as well as specific practice group skills needed for individual teams.
- In conjunction with DTSS, Legal Operations, and Human Resources, create a skill set training program that supports the requirements identified in the growth and development strategy.
- Develop change management plans for Corporate Legal administrative assistant population as required based on program requirements.
Assess and deliver ongoing recommendations for the appropriate administrative assistant support through the Corporate Legal department (25%)
- Manage back-up support and cross coverage due to administrative assistant absences or open positions to ensure optimal coverage in a cost conscious manner.
- In partnership with Human Resources and Legal Executives, participate in recruitment of permanent administrative assistants.
- In partnership with Contingent Workforce Management, manage the recruitment of temporary administrative assistant roles as it relates to coverage needs.
- Assist Legal Executives in reviewing practice team support models and develop recommendations to ensure efficient and effective team workflow and assistant workload duties.
- Act as a resource for Legal Executives as it pertains to the ongoing development of administrative assistant skill set.
Ensure appropriate technologies are adopted and implemented as it relates to the overall administrative assistant strategy (25%)
- Be familiar with currently available enterprise-wide tools that foster collaboration and knowledge sharing and incorporate recommendations in training and workflow plans.
- Evaluate and make appropriate recommendations to ensure administrative assistant population has appropriate collaboration and networking tools, software, and systems.
- Ensure appropriate technology training programs are available and accessible to the Legal administrative community.
- Manage the Administrative Support section of the Legal Intranet with assistance from the Administrative Development Committee.
Beginning in the second year, assess and deliver recommendations for deployment of Administrative Development Program throughout Disney Enterprise Legal (15%)
- In partnership with segment, international, and Corporate Human Resources staff, assess Administrative Development Program for applicability to enterprise legal administrative assistants.
- Evaluate opportunities to include segment and international legal administrative assistants in formal administrative development planning.
- Coordinate relevant training and networking opportunities that result from outcomes of above processes.
- Socialize expanded Administrative Development Program with segment and international legal executives.
- Develop change management plans as required for segment and international administrative assistant population.
- 8 – 10 years’ managing programs, projects, and processes designed to enhance efficiency and effectiveness for an administrative assistant population, including 5 – 7 years’ directly overseeing administrative or non-exempt population.
- Expertise in with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.), SAP, and collaboration platforms (Box, SharePoint, Backlot, Yammer, etc.).
- Expertise with project management principles and managing large projects from initiation through project close.
- Willingness to learn technologies as they become available and openness to incorporating tools into current workflow.
- High level of organizational savvy and confidence in dealing with a varied level of legal executives, technical staff, Legal Operations and Human Resources staff.
- Ability to flex between individual contributor, mentor, leader and service provider roles.
- Ability to balance business priorities while still providing an engaging employee experience.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to manage time, deadlines and competing priorities.
- 5+ years’ directly overseeing administrative or non-exempt population in a law department or law firm.
- 5+ years’ managing programs, projects, and processes in a highly matrixed environment.
- 1+ years’ experience as a project manager in a corporate or legal environment.
- Prior experience in a Disney department.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- MBA, Master of Science in Organizational Development, or similar curriculum.
At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view. Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.