Manager, International Programming Costs
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The purpose of this job is to manage the team that manages the ~$300m of programming assets for the International Disney Channels. The 100+ overseas Disney Channels license the rights to hundreds of different Films and TV shows and this role will manage the end to end accounting life cycle as the costs of those licenses. The key objectives that this job needs to deliver include compliance with accounting standards for program expense recognition, timely payment of our commitments to suppliers, and advanced analytics to identify P&L variance analysis for programming expenses and insights in to the programming assets/liabilities and commitments. A new third party computer system is being implemented to manage/support a lot of the deliverables of the team so as the team manager this position will be responsible for the successful roll out and day to day use of the system. Responsibilities
- Program Amortization – oversight of the amortization for all of Disney Channel International’s acquired programming which will require close collaboration with finance teams in 15 foreign offices to ensure consistent use of policy and procedures
- Program payments – ensure that payments are made efficiently and on a timely basis for all of the shows licensed by the US legal entity BVI Inc.
- Foreign Exchange – manage FX related issues for the content acquired for the International Disney Channels e.g. gain/loss on liabilities as payments are made
- Quarter close reporting and analysis – leverage team to complete all deliverables needed to support the quarter close including variance analysis, account analysis and Tax related deliverables.
- Staff management and leadership – manage team
- At least 5 years in accounting and reporting related fields
- Experience with high volume Accounts Payable, Inter-company and Foreign Exchange management including gain/loss calculations and FX Hedging
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong positive / can-do attitude and comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization
- Prior experience managing a team is desirable. If no specific experience the candidate needs to demonstrate characteristics that strongly suggest they would be able to do so
- Strong Interest in Cable TV and International business
- Business-oriented mindset with an understanding of strategic issues that the business is facing
- Undergraduate Degree and CPA
Company Overview At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view. Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.