Manager, Foreign Exchange Risk Management
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The International Treasury Group is responsible for supporting the Company in achieving its international performance goals and implementation of new business initiatives. In this capacity, the Group is responsible for managing the Company’s global foreign currency risk, international liquidity and repatriation efforts, international financing needs, and support for international investments. It operates in coordination with other Corporate Treasury departments and also Corporate Tax, Corporate Legal, Corporate Controllership, Walt Disney International and numerous business units.
The Foreign Exchange Group, managed under International Treasury, is seeking a highly qualified individual for the position of Manager, Foreign Exchange. This Manager will play an integral role in working with Disney’s internal business partners and financial institutions with the goal of managing foreign currency risk, establishing and enhancing risk management controls and procedures, managing counterparty risk, and optimizing Treasury services to the Company’s international business units.
- Take a leading role in working with Disney’s global business units in order to identify operational and balance sheet foreign exchange exposures, including risk from existing operations and new international expansion initiatives.
- Work with financial institutions in the development and execution of hedging strategies to accommodate a multi-year hedge portfolio of over $15 Billion.
- Execute hedge contracts and maintain hedge coverage in identified currencies in accordance with market dynamics and risk management policy.
- Measure the effectiveness of the Group’s risk management program, the impact on the Company’s financial statements, and implement strategies to improve future effectiveness.
- Monitor the group’s exposure to financial counterparties and assist in developing models and strategies to mitigate the Company’s risk to those counterparties.
- Perform analysis to enhance current risk management practices, and help develop risk mitigations strategies for new exposures.
- Communicate risk management strategies and results to senior Disney management.
- Manage and develop Financial Analyst(s) to effectively support group operations
- Minimum of 5 years experience in International and/or financial markets (3+ years of risk management experience strongly preferred)
- Excellent analytical, communication and leadership skills
- Knowledge / experience with Treasury systems preferred (Bloomberg, Reuters, FXALL, Reval)
- Knowledge / experience with derivatives accounting standards preferred
- Strong record of Academic Achievement
- MBA strongly preferred with concentration in Finance
Company Overview At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view. Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.