Manager, Enterprise Network Design
Come build and transform Disney’s global network!
Be an integral part of shaping Disney’s global network infrastructure: The Network Transport Architecture & Design team is responsible for building large-scale, shared, world-class networks supporting Disney’s business units; and for implementing major technology initiatives across multiple sites and multiple business unit networks.
Disney is seeking a collaborative and energetic leader to manage the implementation arm of the Network Transport Architecture & Design team. This team is responsible for the effective design and implementation of new network technology, upgrades, and refreshes into Disney’s global voice and data networks (LAN, MAN, WAN, Internet, Remote Access, VPNs, VOIP/IPT). The Manager will lead a team of network architects to produce design & implementation plans to ensure delivery of high-performance, reliable, secure, stable communications services based on business driven requirements.
The ideal candidate has an equal balance of people, project, and technical skills in order to successfully implement a large portfolio of project work. The manager thrives on organizing a team and delivering results in a heavily matrixed environment.
- Provide organizational leadership.
- Support the team responsible for designing and implementing network solutions and new technology.
- Communicate regularly with stakeholders of various levels.
- Manage project budgets.
- Provide decision-making analysis and recommendations for the selection of solutions, vendors, proposals, cost scenarios, etc.
- Navigate a matrixed, large environment to deliver projects within a fast-paced environment on time and within budget; remove technical and non-technical roadblocks for the team.
- Assist the Sr. Manager in the overall management of the team as necessary, e.g. handling analytical or process improvement activities as directed.
Basic QualificationsAs a manager in this team, you are a supportive driver for your team, enabling them to implement technology into a large, complex network environment.
- 5+ years directly managing and developing technical staff in a network or IT infrastructure engineering team.
- 7+ years overall experience in an enterprise environment that operates 24x7 services to a multitude of customers and business units with a progression of responsibilities.
- Building or supporting world-class, large-scale data networks for global entities that balance security, performance, scalability, and cost-effectiveness objectives.
- Managing programs and projects in an IT infrastructure environment.
- Working with business units to develop and implement solutions.
- Directly or indirectly leading teams of engineers in the implementation of IT-related technology.
You Possess the Following Technical Skills:
- Basic but well-rounded understanding of telecom and networking in enterprise environments.
- Familiarity with network vendor products & services.
- Solid understanding of network engineering concepts & technologies.
Strong Non-tech Skills:
- Employee management & development.
- Project & program management..
- Interpersonal and communication skills; ability to collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders in highly matrixed environment.
- Sense of ownership, customer service, organization, and follow-through.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage time effectively.
- Ability to work in a highly visible fast paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Positive, collaborative, supportive, problem-solving approach to working with others.
Preferred QualificationsOptional/Helpful Qualifiers:
- Well-rounded understanding of IT infrastructure, application development, security, and compliance.
- Working level knowledge in networking technologies & vendor products spanning switching, routing, voice, WiFi, network security, authentication, DNS/DHCP, IPAM, multicast, VRF, QoS, etc.
- Advanced routing skills and architecture of large, complex networks (direct design using MPLS, VRF, multicast, QoS, etc.).
- Knowledge of newer networking technologies like SDN, IPv6, and cloud connectivity.:
- Process and/or technical leadership experience in a large, complex enterprise (e.g. at least 30+ sites in multiple countries, at least 10-15k users but preferably 50k+ users).
- IT or other corporate experience in media / entertainment companies.
- Management of a network engineering team.
- Additional experience in other IT related teams (IT infrastructure, applications, security, etc).
- Two or four year degree or comparable experience.
- 4-year degree in the field of Telecommunications, IT Management, Computer Science or Business.
- CCNA and/or other technical certifications or PMP certification
Company Overview At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view. Additional Information
- This position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.