Graphic Design Intern, Corporate - Summer/Fall 2018
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you’ve learned in the classroom through real-world hands-on work experience. Now imagine yourself in a Professional Internship with Disney Corporate. When your extraordinary talents, our renowned legacy and the promise of an even brighter future unite, just imagine the stories you could be part of!
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
Security is a key pillar of The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) and the Global Security team continuously strives to improve and advance the security, safety and emergency preparedness of the Company through a number of key efforts, including employee awareness, outreach and training opportunities.
The Strategy & Awareness team is responsible for managing Community Watch (CW), TWDC’s employee awareness program, and advising on all communications matters for the Global Security department. CW is a global initiative implemented across all regions, lines of business, and affiliated companies. The team strives to communicate key security awareness messages through diverse platforms – from videos to events to social media – in order to educate employees on how to better protect themselves and the Company from a variety of threats. ResponsibilitiesA Day in the Life…
Design compelling internal communications materials to support Global Security’s goal of bringing security awareness and education to TWDC employees around the world. Participate in brainstorming sessions and effectively pitch your ideas to internal partners. Candidates must thrive in a fast-paced environment and be comfortable designing for a variety of platforms in order to meet the goals and objectives set forth by the leadership team. Basic QualificationsWhat we are looking for…
- Experienced in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
- Proficient in both PC and Mac environments
- Advanced skills in visual design, Web Design, print standards, color theory, and typography.
- Out-of-the-box thinker with a knack for creative marketing ideas and concepts
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects in an efficient manner to meet all deadlines
- Quick-learner with ability to take direction, work under pressure, and operate as part of a team
- Confident public speaker who can pitch concepts and articulate design choices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A keen eye for detail is a must
- Proven knowledge of the Dreamweaver application
- Experience in the creation of motion graphics and animated gifs
- Photography skills
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- Currently a Junior, Senior, or recent graduate pursuing a degree in graphic design, communications or a closely related field
Company Overview The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.Additional Information
- The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 through early January 2019.
- Candidate must be available to work part time hours (approximately 29 hours per week) for the duration of the internship. At least 3 full days of availability preferred.
- Able to provide own housing and transportation to the Burbank, CA area
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- An electronic design portfolio is required as part of this application process. This portfolio must be included as a URL link listed on your resume, any other portfolio submissions will not be considered.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.