Global Security Communications Center (GSCC) Intern, Summer/Fall 2018
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you’ve learned in the classroom through real-world hands-on work experience. Now imagine yourself in a Professional Internship with Disney Corporate. With your extraordinary talents, our renowned legacy and the promise of an even brighter future unite, just imagine the stories you could be part of!
The Global Security Communications Center is responsible for supporting emergency and non-emergency security system monitoring, incoming call mitigation, event dispatching and event driven global notification services on a 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. In an emergency situation, the GSCC directs and coordinates all Disney enterprise-wide assistance and support by providing technical and advisory assistance for the performance of essential operational services; the issuance of warnings of risks and hazards, dissemination of employee information, as well as being the center point for management, control, and reduction of immediate threats to health and safety. ResponsibilitiesThe GSCC Intern must be able to exercise critical thinking and strong attention to detail in order to plot all Disney assets through the departments mapping platform. This will enable the GSCC to immediately identify Disney assets impacted by man-made and natural incidents, and subsequently facilitate communications and solutions to impacted Disney personnel and their impacted business leadership, including the executive leadership of the company.
- Plot all Disney assets (worldwide) into department mapping tool
- Ensure all assets are current by cross checking against weekly lists provided by business partners from across the enterprise
- Assist in briefing internal and external partners on the mapping capabilities of the GSCC
- Assist with data management and entry
- Assist GSCC Supervisors and Managers with administrative tasks
Basic QualificationsWhat we are looking for...
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites
- Must be a self-starter and able to take initiative
- Ability to work collaboratively and take directions
- Ability to transition between calm and extremely active work conditions
- Must be willing to learn unfamiliar technical systems
- Sense of urgency in a 24/7 work environment for quick response to critical developing issues
- Knowledge of Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
- Interest in security systems, physical security, threat analysis and global affairs
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in International Relations, Geospatial Studies, Geo-Design, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Technologies, Criminal Justice or a closely related field.
- Pursuing a master’s degree in International Relations, Geospatial Studies, Geo-Design, Geographic Information Systems and Technologies, Criminal Justice, Political Science, Business or a related discipline, or any closely related field of study.
Company Overview The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world. Additional Information
- The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 through early January 2019
- Candidate must be available to work 3 days per week for the duration of the internship
- Able to provide own housing and transportation to and from the Burbank area
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be at least 18 years of age
This position is with the Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.