Financial Reporting (DATG) Internship, Corp - Summer/Fall 2018
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you’ve learned in the classroom through real-world hands-on work experience. Now imagine yourself in a Professional Internship with Disney Corporate. When your extraordinary talents, our renowned legacy and the promise of an even brighter future unite, just imagine the stories you could be part of!
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
This position presents an exciting opportunity to work with management within the Controller’s Group of the Disney ABC Television Group (DATG). The Controller’s Group manages the consolidation of the Cable Division, which consists of Disney Channel Worldwide, ABC Family, Marvel, and Lucas; the Broadcast Division, which consists of ABC Television Network dayparts (ABC Studios, Primetime Entertainment, News, BO&E, Admin, Digital Media, Daytime, Sports, and Latenight); Owned Television Stations; and Domestic and International Distribution. In addition, the Controller’s Group supports the Admin Division which includes Affiliate Relations, Research, Finance, HR, Media Planning, Synergy, Public Relations, Labor Relations and Broadcast Standards & Practices. ResponsibilitiesA Day in the Life…
This role is mainly responsible for assisting in the consolidation and reporting efforts for the Controller’s Group. The role will involve working on the quarterly P&L, Balance Sheet and Statement of Cash Flow and related schedules. It will also encompass preparing and analyzing multiple reports, deliverables, and ad hoc projects.
- Assist in preparation of Consolidated Cable and Broadcast financial statements (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow)
- Analyze and reconcile Business Unit submissions to system generated reports
- Assist in consolidation of quarterly Representation Letter package
- Quarterly Close
- Responsible for assigned monthly/quarterly account reconciliations including analysis of key accounts
- Prepare/process quarterly journal entries including supporting documentation
- Assist with preparing reporting packages for presentation to executive management for their use in managing their departments
- Responsible for weekly cash deposits and journal entries
- Create purchase orders and process invoices for payment
- Investigate variances and resolve accounting issues for supported departments
Other ad hoc projects and requests Basic QualificationsWhat we are looking for…
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and work ethic
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
- Proficient in Excel
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- SAP experience preferred
- Undergraduate students in their Junior or Senior year, studying accounting, finance, economics or other business related fields
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
This position is with Disney Fin Srvces, LLC, an equal opportunity employer. Additional Information
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from June 2018 through January 2019. Candidate must be available to work part time hours (approximately 16-24 hours per week) for the duration of the internship.
- Required Materials: Resume and transcripts must be uploaded at time of online application.
- Housing: Interns must provide their own housing for the duration of their internship program.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
- Please submit a copy of your most recent transcript.