Financial Accounting Intern (DATG), Corp - Summer 2018
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you’ve learned in the classroom through real-world hands-on work experience. Now imagine yourself in a Professional Internship with Disney Corporate. When your extraordinary talents, our renowned legacy and the promise of an even brighter future unite, just imagine the stories you could be part of!
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
Disney Channel International has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic professional to join its Burbank based Accounting team. The intern will play a key role in processing accurate and timely payments and providing analyses in support of our global business objectives.
ResponsibilitiesA Day in the Life…
- Process and manage intercompany and third party payments
- Prepare monthly and quarterly balance sheet review using SAP and COGNOS
- Prepare journal entries for programming amortization, withholding tax and legal fees
Basic QualificationsWhat we are looking for…
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Highly motivated individual who is ready to learn the business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with Senior Management and staff
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
- A minimum of one year of related experience
- Excellent communication and organization skills required, with the demonstrated ability to work independently and efficiently
- Experience with Microsoft Excel required
- Experience with SAP or other Tier-One ERP in multiple legal entities desired
- Experience with international markets and foreign exchange a plus
- COGNOS reporting experience a plus
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week
- Currently pursuing (or recently graduated) with a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or other business related field
- Rising senior or recent graduate
- Relevant Business or Accounting coursework
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- GPA of 3.3 or higher
- The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from May/June through August 2018.
- Required Materials: Resume and transcripts must be uploaded at time of online application.
- Housing: Interns must provide their own housing for the duration of their internship program.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
This position is with Disney Fin Srvces, LLC, an equal opportunity employer