Executive Director, Business Technology, HCM and Corporate Functions
The Executive Director, Business Technology, HCM and Corporate Functions is a transformational business-minded technology executive with exceptionally strong relationship skills and ability to successfully collaborate cross functionally to create and drive technology-enabled strategy and solutions for the core HCM, Legal, Tax, Real Estate, Brand Management, Management Audit, Supply Chain Logistics and Compliance functions.
- Working with the various functional domain executive leaders, develop and refine the technology strategy and capabilities roadmap. Identifying and prioritizing technology investments and delivering them in the most efficient manner.
- Leads the HCM technology transformation from a monolithic ERP to a flexible architecture that leverages best of breed solutions that are intelligently integrated to support enterprise data and analytical capabilities which enable transparency and the business decision making processes.
- Leads the technology strategy for the corporate functions, transitioning from a point solution, project based approach to strategic investments that drive business outcomes.
- Defines a customer centric product line that aligns to deploying reusable business services and modular design.
- In partnership with the domain functional leadership, develop a management and support strategy for the existing and new portfolio of systems and projects.
- Deliver technology solutions, meeting commitments with speed and quality.
- Drive automation and self-service capabilities to enable business and technical productivity and speed.
- Anticipate and manage the risks associate with day-to-day technology operations. Ensure ongoing operational stability of the current applications and systems.
- Actively work to build and mentor a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and skilled team; communicating career paths, training and development.
Critical Competencies for Success
- A self-starter, who can effectively navigate a complex organizational structure, leading teams through influence and direct line management.
- Ability to establish executive level relationships across the various business and technology executives within TWDC.
- Establish and manage effective working relationships in a matrix environment with other departments, groups and staff with whom work must be coordinated or interfaced.
- A person that can decide and act without having the total picture and is comfortable handling risk and uncertainty.
- A proven track record of execution, the candidate must be able to deliver the HCM and corporate functions technical roadmap(s) by defining a clear vision of desired outcomes tied to business needs.
- A “working IT executive” who gets into the details and is experienced in managing multiple medium to large scale initiatives and cross functional teams.
- Equally comfortable with executives, manager-level stakeholders and developers--this is a hands-on position with regards to people and detail.
- Ability to identify and marshal resources (people, funding, support) to get projects initiated and completed.
- Ability to lead a significant transformation in the business technology platforms and technical talent.
- A minimum of fifteen years of IT experience, including significant leadership responsibilities for global, large scale corporate functions.
- Demonstrated track record of creating a vision, gaining buy-in to the vision, and effectively implementing systems.
- A strong business orientation combined with strong IT technical skills.
- Previous experience in managing both direct and indirect teams.
- Proven ability to manage complex vendor, supplier, sub-contractor relationships
- Proven ability to complete projects and achieve results in an ambiguous work environment.
- Proven ability to build and motivate a team to achieve well-communicated expectations.
- Proven strong negotiating and consensus building abilities.
- Demonstrated track record of managing an architecture and software development team.
- Proven delivery application portfolios inclusive of XaaS technologies and on-prem solutions.
- BA/BS in business or computer science or bachelors and appropriate work experience.
- Master or MBA preferred
Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.