Executive Director, Application Support & Operations
The Executive Director, Application Support and Operations is a service management and continuous improvement-minded technology executive with strong relationships skills and ability to successfully collaborate cross functionally to ensure:
- Delivery of 24 x 7 operational and user support for the enterprise business systems portfolio of finance, human resources, corporate functions and supply chain.
- Ensures that the application portfolio is aligned and in compliance with corporate policies and standards
- Leads the information security operations and architecture practice with accountability for the development, implementation, and compliance of technical security across the enterprise business systems portfolio
- Manages all production changes and release management activities
A self-starter, who can effectively navigate a complex organizational structure, leading teams through influence and direct line management.
Establish and manage effective working relationships in a network / matrix environment with other departments, groups and staff with whom work must be coordinated or interfaced.
A person that can decide and act without having the total picture and is comfortable handling risk and uncertainty.
Actively work to build and mentor a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and skilled team; communicating career paths, training and development.
A “working IT executive” who gets into the details and has demonstrated setting clear objectives and measures and then monitors for results
Demonstrated success in managing the support and operations domain with “voice of the customer” feedback and affirmation of effectiveness
Leads with data and demonstrates knowing what to measure and how to measure it; driving continuous improvement and automation against target improvement areas
Ability to identify and marshal resources (people, funding, support) to get work initiated and completed.
ResponsibilitiesApplication Support and Operations
- Creates a culture of continuous improvement supported with application metric reporting and root cause analysis programs
- Accountable for the enterprise business technology portfolio service level, uptime
- Ensures business applications performance and service operations meet or exceed SLAs
- Provides direct user support and issue resolution
- Participates and supports functional teams during critical financial business processes (e.g. quarterly and year end close, forecast, annual financial events, annual HR events)
- Ensures a collaboration between development and support exists where a joint responsibility for applications supportability in production is defined and adhered to.
- Leads the selection and deployment design for XaaS, on-prem, etc
- Ensures that the selected deployment technique is properly scaled for the application, integration and data requirements.
- Responsible for all application infrastructure design and ongoing operational support.
- Works collaboratively with corporate compliance, internal audit and corporate risk management and various technical teams in the design and implementation of audit, risk assessment and regulatory compliance practices
- Leads cross functional teams in performing reviews and tests of IT internal controls to ensure that existing IT systems are operating as designed and that they contain adequate controls.
- Facilitates risk assessments. Proactively promotes enhancement of technology-related internal controls awareness and training across IT.
- Directs IT functional teams in the development, implementation, monitoring and reporting of control processes, documentation and compliance routines.
- Provides oversight regarding audit, regulatory and risk management activities across IT functional areas, such as the development and maintenance of regulatory documentation (e.g., Sarbanes-Oxley, PII, ISPS)
- Authority for ensuring that all existing and new applications meet security standards
- Accountable all audit requirements related to information security across all platforms and projects working directly with process and technology owners to ensure compliance
- Collaborates with Disney’s Global Information Security and peer Security Architects across TWDC on the development and adoption of an Application Security Architecture framework and best practices for Enterprise Business Systems
- Sets strategic direction and roadmap for security initiatives, integrating into the overall IT strategy
- Proactively track and reports security performance against established metrics
- Establishes an information security awareness program to ensure staff members across the organization understand the security policies, tools and techniques
- Manages the delivery of enterprise level product releases.
- Ensures predictable, consistent and successful delivery of software releases by defining production support readiness criteria
- Works collaboratively with technology teams involved in the release process to ensure compliance with defined SLA’s.
Basic QualificationsIndustry / domain skills:
- Extensive experience in support corporate functions and systems; Finance, HR, Corporate Functions, and Supply Chain
- Actively engaged in ongoing education and study of information security architecture technologies and concepts: firewalls, intrusion detection, assessment tools, encryption, certificate authority, etc.
- Understanding of emerging technologies and their impact on security architectures: service orientated architecture, enterprise frameworks, message based information exchange, etc.
- Demonstrated leadership in managing IT audits and partnering with internal and external audit organizations.
- Demonstrated success in leading an application support and operations organization with tangible improvement metrics that have yielded value or efficiencies
- Skilled in applying the practices or principles of LEAN, Total Quality, Kaizen, etc
- Well versed and practice in Service Now
- Experience in implementing ITIL
General business skills:
- Extensive experience interacting with executives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to manage complex vendor, supplier, sub-contractor relationships
- Proven ability to establish and articulate a vision, set goals, develop and execute strategies, and track and measure results.
- Proven ability to build and motivate a team to achieve well-communicated expectations.
- Proven strong negotiating and consensus building abilities.
- 15+ years of overall IT applications operations experience
- 5+ years of IT security experience
- 5+ years of IT compliance experience
- Bachelor’s Degree – Computer Science, Engineering, Math, MIS
Company Overview At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view. Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.