Client Engagement Manager (Technology Program Manager)
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Client Engagement Manager (CE) role reports into the Enterprise Technology group, which is responsible for involving the right technology products, services and expertise based on customer needs. This role will act in support of Disney’s Corporate Brand – Customer Relationship Management group and, in particular, the Disney Visa Co-Brand Program.
ResponsibilitiesThe Client Engagement Manager will:
- Act as the primary liaison between Corporate Brand – Customer Relationship Management and Enterprise Technology.
- Extremely strong relationship skills due to the need to work collaboratively with multiple internal and external partners
- Strong technical acumen to manage and/or actively participate in the ideation, initiation, planning, and execution of technology projects.
- Work closely with business executives, leaders, and staff to understand their needs and implement technologies that support their business objectives and deliver effective and efficient solutions and services.
- Provide input to strategy - technical roadmap
- For all technology projects, own and lead:
- Tech discovery and input to project brief
- Assessment of tech impacts, scoping, estimations
- Tech project planning
- Provide input to functional and technical design; monitor successful delivery of build, test planning and execution
- Launch and hypercare planning
- Provide timely and effective portfolio and project status updates including financial forecasts, budget to actual tracking, risks, issues, and schedule
- Provide continuous monitoring of in-flight and planned initiatives to ensure direction remains in alignment with project objectives and overall strategic intent
- Work closely with the Corporate and IT finance teams to help support monthly and quarterly financial activities
- Own technical landscape sustainment:
- Develop sustainment plans, documentation
- Oversee regression testing
- Ensure seamless technical delivery of Cardmember perks and rewards
- Data & Reporting Responsibilities:
- Set up and maintain efficient file delivery and processing
- Manage all data security assessment activities
- Ensure appropriate data governance
- Develop and maintain processes and controls as needed to ensure compliance with key contractual obligations.
- Partner across Enterprise Technology teams to identify, recommend, and implement the right services and solutions based on customer needs.
- Partner with internal organizations such as Legal, Finance, Sourcing & Procurement, Global Information Security, and Global Business Applications support to initiate technology projects. Build and nurture relationships with technology vendors, service providers, and internal resources, e.g. Disney line of business technical teams.
- Enable innovation and continuous improvement to drive efficiency and value.
- 5+ years of technology experience, in highly complex technical, disparate integrated environments
- 3+ years of experience managing technology projects
- Ability to collaborate as a trusted technology partner to assist in decision making
- Ability to build relationships and trust across a variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrable customer centric approach that focuses on responsiveness and meeting commitments
- Ability to independently lead and manage multiple work streams in various stages simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to work in self-directed, high energy work teams.
- Demonstrable experience in successfully managing project tasks, timelines and deliverables
- Knowledge and expertise in Project Management Methodology phases, and artifacts, and project management concepts
- Successful issue resolution and conflict management skills
- Strong critical thinking skills, ability to learn complex concepts quickly
- Strong quantitative and integrative analytical skills (putting the pieces together into a coherent picture of the issues and solutions, including process, technology, implementation approach, culture, etc.).
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts with both technology and functional colleagues and at appropriate level of detail
- Knowledge and familiarity with large enterprise functions and processes such as Strategic Planning, Forecasting, Budgeting, System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Management Reporting
- 5+ years’ experience working in a Fortune 100 company IT department running and supporting highly complex integrated systems
- Knowledge and experience with Point of Sales (POS) processes and technologies, including payment related integrations and authentication concepts preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Master’s Degree a plus
At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view.
- This position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.