Client Engagement Manager - Legal Technology
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Client Engagement Manager (CE) role reports into the Enterprise Technology group, which is responsible for involving the right technology products, services and expertise based on customer needs. This role will act in support of Disney’s Corporate Legal group.
ResponsibilitiesThe Client Engagement Manager will:
- Act as the primary liaison between Corporate Legal and Enterprise Technology.
- Manage and/or actively participate in the ideation, initiation, planning, and execution of legal technology projects.
- Work closely with Legal business executives, leaders, and staff to understand their needs and implement technologies that support their business objectives and deliver effective and efficient solutions and services.
- Partner across Enterprise Technology teams to identify, recommend, and implement the right services and solutions based on customer needs.
- Partner with internal organizations such as Legal, Finance, Sourcing & Procurement, Global Information Security, and Global Business Applications support to initiate legal technology projects.
- Provide timely and effective portfolio and project status updates including financial forecasts, budget to actual tracking, risks, issues, and schedule
- Provide continuous monitoring of in-flight and planned initiatives to ensure direction remains in alignment with project objectives and overall strategic intent
- Work closely with the Legal and IT finance teams to help support monthly and quarterly financial activities
- Assist in strategic planning and prioritization of legal technology projects to enable critical investment decisions.
- Build and nurture relationships with legal technology vendors, service providers, and internal resources
- Enable innovation and continuous improvement to drive efficiency and value
- Work across segments to collaborate and identify strategic technology alignment and opportunities
- 5+ years of Legal technology experience, in a law firm, law department or IT organization
- 3+ years of experience managing legal technology projects
- Ability to collaborate and drive decision making through consensus building
- Demonstrable experience working with cross-organizational groups to build alignment for projects and vision through indirect influence
- Ability to build relationships and trust across a variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrable customer centric approach that focuses on responsiveness and meeting commitments
- Ability to manage multiple work streams in various stages simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to work in self-directed, high energy work teams.
- Demonstrable experience in successfully managing project tasks, timelines and deliverables
- Knowledge and expertise in Project Management Methodology phases, and artifacts, and project management concepts
- Successful issue resolution and conflict management skills
- Strong critical thinking skills, ability to learn complex concepts quickly
- Strong quantitative and integrative analytical skills (putting the pieces together into a coherent picture of the issues and solutions, including process, technology, implementation approach, culture, etc.).
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts with both technology and legal colleagues
- Knowledge and familiarity with Legal technology tools and processes
- Knowledge and familiarity with large enterprise functions and processes such as Strategic Planning, Forecasting, Budgeting, System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Management Reporting
- 5+ years’ experience working with a Fortune 100 company legal department or large law firm Operations team
- Bachelor’s degree
- JD or paralegal certification a definite plus
Company Overview At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view. Additional Information
- This position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.