Accounting Intern, Digital Media Accounting Corp - Summer 2018
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you’ve learned in the classroom through real-world hands-on work experience. Now imagine yourself in a Professional Internship with Disney Corporate. When your extraordinary talents, our renowned legacy and the promise of an even brighter future unite, just imagine the stories you could be part of!
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
Disney Media distribution (DMD) is the international television distribution division of The Walt Disney Company. DMD licenses over 30,000 hours of programming to over 1,300 broadcasters across 240 territories worldwide. Its portfolio includes motion pictures from Walt Disney Pictures, Touchstone Pictures and Miramax Films, ABC Studios TV series, TV movies and miniseries, Disney-branded kids programs, ABC Daytime and ABC News programming, as well as the Annual Academy Awards®. An opportunity exists to join this dynamic business as a full time Intern in its Business Operations accounting team. ResponsibilitiesA Day in the Life.....
- Summarize royalty reporting information from over 250 customers and load data into the royalty tracking system
- Aid in testing of system outputs as we add additional customer to the system for royalty report processing
- Help process royalty reports for quarter close process
- Ad-hoc projects
Basic QualificationsWhat You Bring to the Role.....
- Very Strong With Excel
- Strong Organizational Skills and Detail Oriented
- Experience in Entertainment Industry a plus, interest in media essential
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Currently pursing (or recently graduated with) a degree in accounting, finance or other business related field
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- GPA of 3.3 or higher
Company Overview The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world. Additional Information
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from May/June 2018 to August 2018.
- Required Materials: Resume and transcripts must be uploaded at time of online application.
- Housing: Interns must provide their own housing for the duration of their internship program.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
This position is with Disney Fin Srvces, LLC, an equal opportunity employer.