Accounting & Finance Rotation Program Analyst (January 2019-CA)
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Make an impact that truly matters…
The Accounting & Finance Rotation Program (AFRP) is a full-time entry-level program designed to provide recent college graduates a cross-functional, enterprise-wide learning experience within the Controllership and Financial Planning departments at The Walt Disney Company. AFRP Analysts will participate in four distinct rotations designed to build key technical and leadership skills needed to succeed within the many businesses of Disney. Analysts will set goals for their program experience allowing them to develop, grow, and enhance the necessary skills to become strong accounting and finance professionals. Upon successful completion of the program, participants will be considered for various opportunities within the finance and accounting organizations within The Walt Disney Company.
We are seeking individuals for our: January, 2019 Program (Burbank, CA). ResponsibilitiesWhat you can expect…
- Diverse Experiences: Participate in four 6-month rotations throughout the Controllership and Financial Planning organizations, gaining exposure to the many different businesses of The Walt Disney Company and the Entertainment Industry. Rotations are available possible in the following areas: Consumer Products & Interactive Media, Corporate, Media Networks (Disney/ABC Television & ESPN), Parks & Resorts and Studio Entertainment.
- Building Your Expertise: Strengthen your Accounting and Financial Planning skills through concentrated work in the areas of: Operational/Transactional Accounting, Financial Reporting, Audit & Compliance, and Finance.
- Work Towards Your CPA: AFRP provides the necessary resources and tools to study and take the parts of the CPA exam, and will satisfy work-hour requirements to become licensed by the California State Board of Accountancy.
- Professional Development: Analysts will follow specialized curriculum to build communication, leadership, presentation, writing and other professional and management skills.
- Expanding Your Network: Opportunities to meet with peers and senior leaders from the many different businesses within the company and the industry.
- Formal Mentorship: Analyst will be matched with a senior level manager who will provide ongoing development, leadership insights and direction to help make the two-year program even more valuable. Opportunities for informal mentorship and partnership will also happen throughout the program.
Basic QualificationsWhat you bring…
Candidates must demonstrate a combination of academic aptitude, quantitative skills, personal motivation, and advanced written and oral communications skills. We are specifically looking for individuals who have the following background:
- A desire to become licensed as a CPA
- Meet all credit-hour qualifications to sit for the CPA exam prior to starting with the program
- Business experience through internships, part-time work, and/or On-Campus involvement
- Dedication to building a career in the accounting and finance industries
- Proven ability to take on leadership positions or significant responsibility
- Currently enrolled in a college or university and working towards a bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration or finance, or a masters in accounting and available to begin full-time by one of the program start dates.
- 3.5 GPA or higher preferred
Company Overview At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view. Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.