Graphic Design Intern, Corporate CLS (FL/CA) - Summer/Fall 2018
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you’ve learned in the classroom through real-world hands-on work experience. Now imagine yourself in a Professional Internship with Disney Corporate. When your extraordinary talents, our renowned legacy and the promise of an even brighter future unite, just imagine the stories you could be part of!
The Graphic Design Intern will be a part of the Creative Learning Services team, which serves as creative consultants working with internal partners and clients across the Disney company.
Stretch your creative skills as part of the team responsible for providing services and products in the areas of web/app development, online training, in-person experiences, video content, animations, technology-enabled classroom learning, marketing, communications, branding, print collateral, and other various media assets which require graphic design support.
Work in a highly-collaborative and agile environment where you will participate in the creative process from concept to completion while gaining experience with consulting and client management. Projects will include creation and maintenance of learning and development based collateral such as visual branding, illustrations, marketing, presentations, posters, directional signage, event graphics, and other materials.
Put your graphic design abilities to the test using industry recognized equipment, hardware and software while you display a strong, overall creative approach. ResponsibilitiesA Day in the Life…
- Serve as creative and proactive thought partner in identifying best solutions and techniques to convey and display learning content through graphic design and motion graphics/animations
- Learn to manage projects and see them through concept to completion
- Design and assist in the creation and revisions of class presentations, infographics, vector illustrations/iconography, participant guides, job-aids, communications, mood boards, web page comps, and more.
- Assist in the creation of motion graphics to be used as stand-alone pieces or integrated (composited) into other learning products
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of composition and layout, color, typeface selection, and other fundamentals of design
- Ensure that the Disney standards of quality and creativity and the D Learn brand are reflected consistently in all materials
- Research and share new trends and techniques in all aspects of the creative and production processes
Basic QualificationsWhat we are looking for…
- Proficiency in software for graphic design, desktop publishing, and presentations, including Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Acrobat Pro), Microsoft Office (emphasis on PowerPoint)
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates expertise in logo design, layout, presentation design, color, illustration, and typography
- Ability to adapt easily in a fast-paced team environment and balance multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong project management, organizational, multi-tasking, prioritization and time management skills
- Knowledge of both PC and Mac environments
- Knowledge of file formats and specifications in preparation for printing versus web
- Confidence in presenting ideas and interacting with partners of various backgrounds and levels
- Strong partnering skills and ability to influence
- Proactive listening skills and ability to ask thoughtful questions for clarity and discovery
- Ability to take direction/constructive feedback
- High self-initiative with the ability to work independently and with a team
- Experience designing for motion graphics, photography and/or video editing
- Background in Marketing or Communications
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- Currently pursuing (or recently graduated) a degree in Graphic Design, Digital Media or a closely related field
Company Overview The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world. Additional Information
- The approximate dates of this internship are June through January 2019
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship - typical work schedule will be Monday through Friday 8:30am-5pm PST
- Able to occasionally work a flexible schedule including early mornings, late nights, or weekends if needed.
- Able to provide own housing and transportation to the Burbank, CA area
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Résumé (outlining all of your required qualifications)
- Cover letter detailing your qualifications and interest
- URL to portfolio website, preferably with examples in layout, infographics, and visual identity
- Work sample may be requested if selected for interview
This position is with Disney HR Strategy & Services, an equal opportunity employer.